Fresh rosemary is infused in this savory chicken salad sandwich. Using leftover chicken or grabbing a pre-baked rotisserie chicken at the deli makes this an easy lunch. I ramped up the flavor by using Rosemary Olive Oil bread that I couldn’t pass up when I was sampling at Costco. A fair amount of mayonnaise is replaced with Greek yogurt but the flavor doesn’t skip a beat with the addition of Dijon, garlic and seasonings.
- 1 pound baked chicken breasts, roughly chopped
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices fresh bread
- 6 leaves red leaf lettuce, washed
- Place the chicken, onion and celery in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, rosemary, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend together then stir into the chicken mixture.
- Spoon the chicken salad onto 6 slices of bread, top with lettuce and remaining slices of bread.
Amount Per ServingCalories 238 Total Fat 7.5g Carbohydrates 16g Protein 25g