This chicken bacon ranch sandwich is exactly what sandwich dreams are made of! This tempting sandwich combines crisp, juicy chicken, smoky thick-cut bacon, creamy ranch dressing, and fresh veggie toppings all nestled between two slices of sourdough bread.
Whether you’re looking for family meal ideas, hosting a casual gathering, or planning a picnic, this crispy chicken bacon ranch sandwich is an absolute crowd-pleaser that you need in your life ASAP!
The Perfect Summertime Sandwich
With the perfect balance of flavors and textures, this tasty chicken bacon ranch sandwich gives you the ultimate mouth-watering flavor explosion in every single bite. This is an ideal summer lunch or dinner recipe that pairs wonderfully with homemade french fries or dilly potato salad. Kick it up another notch by making our easy homemade buttermilk ranch, and you’ll say goodbye to ever wanting store bought ranch again!
Why This Recipe Works
- Lip-smacking goodness with perfectly paired ingredients for an unforgettable sandwich
- Easily customizable with your favorite toppings
- A full meal on its own – you won’t leave hungry!
- Great for gatherings big or small
Here is a list of the ingredients you will need for the chicken bacon ranch sandwich. Scroll down to the printable recipe card for all the details.
- Chicken. Skinless and boneless chicken breasts get coated in a panko coating and then seared until crispy. You will need flour, cornstarch, panko, and eggs for the coating.
- Oil. We used vegetable oil which is ideal for frying.
- Ranch. You can use a store-bought Ranch dressing or make our homemade Ranch dressing.
- Crispy bacon.
- Cheese. We used Pepper Jack cheese but just about any cheese will work in this sandwich. Some other great options are Havarti, Gouda, or Cheddar cheese.
- Veggies: Pickles, tomatoes, red onion, and lettuce.
- Sourdough Bread.
- Swap the Ranch dressing for feta dressing or our blue cheese dressing.
- If you prefer dark meat, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Or skip the crispy coating and use shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwich Recipe Highlights
Here is a brief overview of the chicken bacon ranch sandwich recipe.
Make sure you scroll down to the printable recipe card for all the details.
- Slice skinless, boneless chicken breasts horizontally.
- Dredge chicken in flour and cornstarch mixture on both sides.
- Dip in egg whites turning to coat both sides.
- Place the chicken into the dish of bread crumbs and spoon bread crumbs over the top of the chicken cutlet, pressing to adhere.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add some oil. Cook the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. If you have an instant-read thermometer, the internal temperature should read 165°F
- Allow the chicken to cool on the rack then and reserve on a plate.
- Butter each slice of bread, then top with lettuce, chicken, slices of cheese, onion, pickle, and tomatoes. Drizzle plenty of ranch dressing over the layers.
You can add avocado slices and fresh pea shoots for extra flavor, or get creative with your favorite sandwich fixings.
? Tips For Success
- If you want that ultra crispy crust on the chicken, make sure you’re only using egg whites. Egg yolks contain fat which can lead to soggier chicken.
- To keep the chicken crust crisp, cool on a wire rack rather than on a plate where they will sweat when they come in contact with the plate.
- Because this is such a hearty, tall sandwich, avoid using bread that is too soft, or the sandwich may fall apart. We used sturdy sourdough bread, but a hoagie roll, sturdy sub rolls, or Caibatta are great options as well.
- If you want to make chicken bacon ranch sliders, use Hawaiian rolls for slider buns and cut the chicken to fit the small buns.
- If you want to reduce the fat, skip the oil and use a bit of non-stick cooking spray.
?️ Serving Suggestions
This chicken ranch sandwich is delicious on its own or you can make it a full meal by adding a side salad, potato chips, or air fryer French fries. Here are a few more ideas for easy weeknight dinners.
Soup and Sandwich Combo
Serve the sandwich with one of these soups.
Sandwich and Salad Combos
Serve the bacon ranch chicken sandwich with one of these salads.
- green salad with blackberries
- grilled eggplant salad
- shrimp salad
- pomegranate pear salad
- broccoli kale salad
If you have leftovers, place the sandwiches in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Do not leave the sandwiches out at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
So, there you have it! My chicken bacon ranch sandwich is an easy recipe, but it’s packed with flavor. The crispy chicken, smoky bacon, and creamy ranch dressing are all perfectly balanced in this sandwich.
⭐️ Helpful Tools
Some of the following are affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click on these links and purchase something. You don’t pay any extra, but it will help us keep the lights on.
Some Other Recipes We Are Sure You Will Love:
This simple yet delicious recipe for ham and turkey pinwheels is a delightful appetizer or lunch that is easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser.
This is a simple pulled pork sliders recipe that makes the perfect party food! Slow-cooked pulled pork is tossed in a smoky barbecue sauce, then piled onto brioche buns and topped with a crunchy, fresh coleslaw.
This rosemary chicken salad sandwich will hit the spot whether you’re looking for a quick lunchtime sandwich or an easy dinner option.
Connect With Savor the Best:
Please follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
For the Crispy Chicken:
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, sliced horizontally
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch (the secret to a crisp coating)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-½ cups Panko bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites, whisked
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil (more if needed)
For the Sandwich
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of butter or cream cheese
- ¾ cup ranch dressing
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 8 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 2 dill pickles
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Green lettuce leaves
- 8 slices sourdough bread
For the Crispy Chicken:
- Set up a 3-bowl breading station: Stir the flour, cornstarch, and salt together in one bowl. Whisk the egg whites into the second bowl. Add the bread crumbs to the third bowl.
- Pat the chicken breast cutlets with paper towels. Working with one cutlet at a time, dredge the chicken in the flour, then dip it into the whisked egg whites turning to coat both sides. Place the chicken into the dish of bread crumbs and spoon bread crumbs over the top of the chicken cutlet, pressing to adhere. Transfer the coated chicken cutlet to a parchment-lined platter and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat, and add enough of the oil to lightly cover the bottom of the skillet. When the oil is hot, cook the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer the chicken cutlets to a wire cooling rack.
Assemble the Sandwich:
- Slather each slice of bread with butter or cream cheese. Cover the buttered bread with lettuce and add a chicken cutlet.
- Drizzle the chicken with a tablespoon of Ranch dressing and top with onion, bacon, tomato, pickle, and more Ranch dressing.
- Cover the sandwich with the remaining slices of bread and insert a wooden food pick in each sandwich.
- Cornstarch in the flour makes the crust crisper.
- Egg whites do not contain fat and they will create a crispier crust than a whole egg.
- After placing the chicken cutlets in the skillet, do not move them as it will pull the coating off. Leave the cutlets to cook until you can see a golden-colored edge forming at the bottom. When the chicken is ready to turn it will release from the skillet without sticking.
- To keep the chicken crust crisp, cool it on a wire rack rather than on a plate.
- Choose your favorite ingredients and cheese for this sandwich.
- This is a hearty multi-layered sandwich. Try to avoid overly soft bread. We used sourdough bread for our sandwich, but a hoagie roll or rustic bun will also work.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1104Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 2425mgCarbohydrates: 107gFiber: 5gSugar: 10gProtein: 61g
Nutrition information is a guideline only. It is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.