This blue cheese salad dressing is creamy, chunky and really delicious! Use it not only as a dressing for your salad but also as a dip at your next party.
I knew this recipe for Blue Cheese Salad Dressing was in my recipe treasure box. It took me the best part of an hour to find it as it was almost to the bottom of the box. Searching through that recipe box is always fun and brings back memories. It is almost like looking at an old photo album.
How to Make this Blue Cheese Salad Dressing:
If you like a chunky blue cheese salad dressing, add crumbled blue cheese after the blending. Transfer the dressing into a lidded glass jar and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
How Long Will This Blue Cheese Salad Dressing Keep?
Can you freeze blue cheese salad dressing?
This blue cheese salad dressing can be frozen but the texture will change when you thaw it out. Since it has dairy products in it, the salad dressing will change consistency after it has been frozen and then thawed. Dairy tends to separate after it freezes. The good news is that you can easily remedy the problem.
If the salad dressing doesn’t seem as creamy after you thaw it out, give it a quick blitz in the blender or use an immersion blender to get it back to a nice, creamy texture. If you do freeze this salad dressing, it can be frozen for up to six months.
Our blue cheese dressing is also wonderful on baked potatoes and Roasted Beet Salad. Also, try it as a dip with a plate of fresh sliced veggies.
SOME OTHER RECIPES WE ARE SURE YOU WILL LOVE:
- Butter lettuce, strawberries, and cocoa nibs
- Southwestern chicken salad bowl
- Feta cream salad dressing and dip
- Greek salad dressing
CONNECT WITH SAVOR THE BEST!
Be sure to follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this blue cheese salad dressing? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup whole milk cottage cheese
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk (regular, not low-fat)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon old spice mustard, or whole-grain mustard
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Put everything into the blender and process until smooth. If you like a chunky-type dressing add crumbled blue cheese after the processing. Pour into a container and refrigerate up to 2-weeks. Makes about 2 cups dressing.
- When buying the blue cheese, buy a wedge or block of it and not the packaged crumbles.
- Whole-milk cottage cheese and buttermilk is recommended
- For a chunky dressing, use a fork to break off chunks from the wedge and add after the dressing has been blended.
- This dressing will keep refrigerated in a lidded jar for up to 2-weeks
Serving Size2 tablespoons
Amount Per ServingCalories 125 Total Fat 10g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 30mg Sodium 302mg Carbohydrates 3g Fiber 0g Sugar 3g Protein 5g