Our Green Salad with Cantaloupe is a delightfully fresh and satisfying fusion of flavors! This cantaloupe salad with blue cheese has juicy pieces of cantaloupe and blue cheese crumbles that make this plate of greens. And a creamy orange champagne vinaigrette drizzled on top results in a sweet/salty combo that is the perfect side salad! If you haven’t ever tried green salad with cantaloupe, you will surely be impressed and we cannot wait for you to give it a go!
cantaloupe salad with blue cheese, the perfect pair
Can we have a minute to gush some more about why we’re currently obsessing over this Green Salad with Cantaloupe and Blue Cheese? Here are just a few of the reasons why it’s our go-to side salad at the moment:
- juicy, perfectly-ripened cantaloup shines with its sweet flavor
- cantaloupe and blue cheese are an unbeatable pair– the blue cheese crumbles add a distinct taste and satisfying creaminess we love
- this is a side salad to please a crowd- it is healthy, gluten-free, and vegetarian
- it’s super quick to assemble and only requires a few ingredients
- fresh mint is a lovely, secondary flavor that adds a summery touch
ingredients for our green salad with cantaloupe
Ready to make this green salad with cantaloupe and blue cheese? We sure are! In fact, I could go for a plate right now…
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- salad greens
- small fresh mint sprigs and leaves
- red radicchio leaves
- thin slices of red onion
- cubed cantaloupe
- blue cheese crumbles
- roasted walnut halves
We served this cantaloupe salad with a generous drizzle of our orange champagne vinaigrette. It’s a light, sweet and tart vinaigrette that complements the salad.
how to make green salad with cantaloupe
This elegant salad is a cinch to make! Once you have gathered all of your ingredients, follow these simple steps (see the full recipe at the bottom of this page):
- Rinse and spin-dry the greens to remove any excess water. Add the mint leaves, radicchio, and red onion and toss the salad to combine.
- Place the cantaloupe pieces, blue cheese crumbles, and walnut halves on top of the greens, distributing them evenly.
- Drizzle the champagne dressing on the salad and toss the salad to combine. Serve the salad immediately.
tips for making this green salad with cantaloupe
For the tastiest cantaloupe salad with blue cheese, here are a few tips we hope you find helpful!
- Salad greens: Choose a variety of leafy salad greens- we recommend butter lettuce, oak leaf, frisée, baby spinach or arugula. Tear the greens directly into the basket of the salad spinner, then place the basket into a pan of ice water. Rinse, drain, and spin-dry.
- Blue cheese: Instead of purchasing blue cheese crumbles, you can make your own! Buy a chunk of blue cheese and crumble it yourself to get the most fresh and flavorful blue cheese crumbles.
- Prep in advance: You can easily prep this cantaloupe salad with blue cheese in advance and hold on adding the dressing until just before serving. If you’re making it ahead of time, cover the salad with a damp towel and refrigerate until ready to toss with the dressing.
Chunks of sweet and tender cantaloupe, salty blue cheese crumbles and crunchy walnuts on a bed of fresh greens means that each bite of this salad is heavenly.
We know you’ll love this green salad with cantaloupe and blue cheese. It’s perfect for summer entertaining, and has become one of our favorite ways to enjoy ripe, in-season cantaloupe.
SOME OTHER RECIPES WE ARE SURE YOU WILL LOVE:
- Our Roasted Rack of Lamb with Red Wine Cherry Sauce is the ultimate dream dinner! If you’re looking for an elegant meal, this succulent, roasted lamb and a delectable red wine cherry sauce is it! Plus, no need to spend all day in the kitchen- this rack of lamb only takes about 15 minutes to roast!
- Salmon Caesar Salad is the easiest way to enjoy leftover grilled salmon! Chilled chunks of salmon, shreds of freshly-shaved Parmesan, and homemade sourdough croutons are served on crisp romaine lettuce.
- Our Roasted Beet Salad with Fennel and Radish is just as flavorful as it is vibrant! This showstopper of a salad boasts big taste and beautiful colors that will surely impress!
CONNECT WITH SAVOR THE BEST!
Be sure to follow us on our social media accounts:
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
- 6 cups salad greens
- 2 cups small fresh mint sprigs and leaves
- 1 cup torn red radicchio leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 4 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 8 oz. roasted walnut halves
- 1/4 cup Creamy Orange Champagne Dressing
- Rinse and spin-dry the greens and tip into a large salad bowl. Add the mint leaves, radicchio and red onion, toss to combine.
- Distribute the cantaloupe, blue cheese and walnut halves on top of the greens. Drizzle the dressing on the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Choose a variety of leafy salad greens such as butter lettuce, oak leaf, frisée, baby spinach or arugula.
- Pass on the pre-crumbled blue cheese and buy a chunk and crumble it yourself.
- Tear the salad greens directly into the basket of the salad spinner, then set the basket into a pan of ice water, rinse, drain and then spin them dry.
- This salad an be made a couple hours in advance without the dressing added. Cover the salad with a damp towel and refrigerate until ready to toss with the dressing and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Servings Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 442mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 9g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.