This is a simple, Creamy Orange Champagne Dressing! The sweet and tangy flavor is very complementary to a crisp green salad with any type of fruit included. The creamy texture of the dressing infuses flavors of citrus-y orange, honey, whole-grain mustard and balanced with light champagne vinegar.
Not only is this a wonderful salad dressing but it can be used as a marinade to enhance chicken or fish. Try it with grilled chicken or drizzle it on steamed broccoli. It is a multi-purpose dressing, marinade, or dip.
What goes into this Champagne Vinaigrette?
Salad dressings and vinaigrettes are really easy to make at home. There is a huge saving on the budget as compared to the store-bought varieties. Plus, they are healthier without a lot of additives and preservatives. Here are the ingredients needed for this creamy champagne vinaigrette:
- Champagne vinegar
- Fresh squeezed orange juice
- Whole grain mustard
- Olive oil
Is there alcohol in the champagne vinegar?
There is no alcohol in champagne vinegar. It is typically made from champagne grapes which is how it gets its name. It can also be made from actual champagne. When that is the case there is a chance that there could be a very small amount of alcohol. Since the fermentation process depletes the alcohol, any alcohol that might be left is negligible.
Champagne vinegar is mild-flavored and crisp. The sweet and tangy flavors in this citrus champagne vinaigrette are very complimentary.
Here’s how easy it is to make Creamy Orange Champagne Vinaigrette:
I love creamy salad dressings! They are so easy when made in a jar with a stick blender or a regular kitchen blender. We made our creamy Caesar Dressing with the stick blender. It is thick, creamy and delicious! Another of my favorite dressings is our Greek Salad Dressing which we made in a regular kitchen blender. The two methods are interchangeable. Here are the instructions to make this champagne dressing in either type of blender. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post for complete instructions:
- If you use an immersion blender: Add everything to a pint jar, except the salt and pepper. Blend the mixture using an up/down motion until the vinaigrette emulsifies. Remove the stick blender and add salt/pepper to taste.
- If you use a regular blender: Add all the ingredients except the olive oil, salt and pepper. Slowly, drizzle the olive oil into the lid opening as the motor is running until the vinaigrette emulsifies and thickens. Taste and add salt/pepper.
Drizzle this creamy orange champagne vinaigrette over a fruity Green Salad with Cantaloupe and Blue Cheese and enjoy!
What are some of your favorite creamy salad dressings?
MORE RECIPES WE ARE SURE YOU WILL LOVE:
- Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette: Dress up your favorite salad with a Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette. This salad dressing is a welcome alternative to your usual salad vinaigrette. It is a tangy, citrusy blend with tiny bits of preserved lemon rind infused throughout.
- Italian Caprese Salad: This Italian Caprese Salad is a classic! It is an especially great choice when the tomatoes are ripe and juicy. Simply made with slices of tomatoes, creamy fresh Mozzarella cheese. Top if off with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, salt/pepper and a garnish of fresh basil leaves.
- Roasted Beet Salad with Fennel and Radish: A stunning autumn salad for your Thanksgiving feast! Sweet roasted beets pair well with the mild licorice taste of fennel, tangy oranges and zesty watermelon radishes. A simple balsamic-honey vinaigrette adds the finishing touch.
More Condiment Recipes
- Strawberry Fig Jam
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- Chicken Taco Seasoning
- Homemade BBQ Seasoning Rub
- 28 Essential Condiment Recipes
CONNECT WITH SAVOR THE BEST!
Be sure to follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- With an immersion/stick blender, add everything to a pint Mason jar, except the salt and pepper. Blend the mixture using an up/down motion until the vinaigrette emulsifies. Remove the stick blender and add salt/pepper to taste.
- In a small dish, whisk together all the ingredients except the olive oil, salt and pepper. Slowly, drizzle in the olive oil while whisking continuously until the vinaigrette emulsifies and thickens. Taste and add salt/pepper.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.