Chicken is one of my go-to choices if I am in a hurry and need to put a meal together quickly. This recipe for herb and honey glazed chicken thighs is one of the top contenders in my chicken recipes.
The zesty glaze for these oven-roasted chicken thighs is made with lemon juice, garlic, honey, Dijon mustard and fresh rosemary. All the flavors you love. The glaze is slathered over the chicken breasts, at which point you can let them marinate or pop them right into the oven.
Ingredients for Herb and Honey Glazed Chicken Thighs:
- Chicken thighs
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Fresh rosemary
This is one of the easies recipes ever! The chicken thighs roast in a hot oven for approximately 35-45 minutes. But that depends on the size of the chicken thighs…..some of these chickens have thunder-thighs and they will take a few minutes longer. When done they should register internally at 165°F on a meat thermometer.
There is a sweet and tangy flavor to the golden brown glaze on the chicken thighs while the meat is tender and succulent.
Ideas to serve with Herb and Honey Glazed Chicken Thighs:
We served this entrée with a side of roasted emmer and winter squash risotto, fresh sautéed asparagus and a green salad. This was a fast, easy dinner as the risotto was a warm-up and it takes but a few minutes to put the salad together and cook the asparagus. 🙂
More chicken recipe choices:
Did you make this recipe for herb and honey glazed chicken thighs? TAG US!
If you made this or any of our other recipes we would love to see it. Snap a picture and tag us on Instagram and Facebook.
Herb and Honey Glazed Chicken Thighs
The zesty glaze for these oven-roasted, herb and honey glazed chicken thighs is made with lemon juice, garlic, honey, Dijon mustard and fresh rosemary. All the flavors you love.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- Preheat oven to 400°F…Line a small baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick oil spray, reserve
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small mason jar or a blender and mix thoroughly. Pour 1/2 of the marinade into a closable plastic bag, add the chicken thighs, seal the bag and allow to marinade for 15 minutes. (see notes)
- Remove the chicken thighs, one at a time, from the plastic bag, allowing excess marinade to drip off. Place the chicken thighs, skin side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven and roast for 35-45 minutes or until they register internally at 165°F on a thermometer. When checking for doneness do not allow the temperature probe to touch the bone.
- Transfer from the oven when done and lightly cover the chicken with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Large chicken thigh will take the longer cooking time. Be sure to check for doneness with a meat thermometer which should reach 165°F.
- You may need only half of the marinade, refrigerate any unused portion in a lidded container for 3-4 days.
- Alternatively, brush the marinade on both sides of the chicken and place on the prepared baking sheet and transfer to the oven.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 29g
Monday 10th of August 2020
These need to be baked at least 35 min at 425 - no where near cooked safely for 25 min.
Monday 10th of August 2020
Hey, thanks for the catch, Sam....I made the correction in the recipe card. We always appreciate hearing from our readers, thanks again.
Keith @ How's it Lookin?
Tuesday 3rd of May 2016
They look so good. Honey glazed sounds tasty, thanks a lot
Wednesday 4th of May 2016
Thanks, Keith :)