Chicken is one of my go-to choices if I am in a hurry and need to put a meal together quickly. This recipe for herb and honey glazed chicken thighs is one of the top contenders in my chicken recipes.
The zesty glaze for these oven-roasted chicken thighs is made with lemon juice, garlic, honey, Dijon mustard and fresh rosemary. All the flavors you love. The glaze is slathered over the chicken breasts, at which point you can let them marinate or pop them right into the oven.
This is one of the easies recipes ever! The chicken thighs roast in a hot oven for approximately 25-30 minutes. But that depends on the size of the chicken thighs…..some of these chickens have thunder-thighs and they will take a few minutes longer.
There is a sweet and tangy flavor to the golden brown glaze on the thighs and the meat is tender and succulent.
We served this entrée with a side of roasted emmer and winter squash risotto, fresh sautéed asparagus and a green salad. This was a fast, easy dinner as the risotto was a warm-up and it takes but a few minutes to put the salad together and cook the asparagus. 🙂
Did you make this recipe for herb and honey glazed chicken thighs? TAG US!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- Preheat oven to 425°F…Spray a small baking sheet with baking oil, reserve
- Combine all ingredients in a small mason jar or a blender and mix thoroughly. Pour the marinade into a closable plastic bag, add the chicken thighs, seal the bag and allow to marinade for 15 minutes. (see notes)
- Remove the chicken thighs, one at a time, from the plastic bag, allowing excess marinade to drip off. Place the chicken thighs, skin side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven and roast for 25-30 minutes or until they register internally at 165°F on a thermometer. When checking for doneness do not allow the temperature probe to touch the bone.
- Transfer from the oven when done and lightly cover the chicken with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
You may need only half of the marinade, refrigerate any unused portion in a lidded container for 3-4 days.
Alternatively, brush the marinade on both sides of the chicken and place on the prepared baking sheet and transfer to the oven.
Amount Per ServingCalories 376 Total Fat 26g Saturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 105mg Sodium 137mg Carbohydrates 5g Fiber 1g Sugar 3g Protein 29g