Rich and creamy, this blue cheese sauce is the best way to up your steak and burger game! The bold, distinct flavor and melty texture of this blue cheese sauce is irresistible- you’ll be going in for seconds and thirds.
Use this delicious Stilton sauce as a dip for fries, fresh-cut vegetables or chicken wings. Or top your burgers, steaks, and meatloaf with it. It’s creamy, spreadable, and tastes great served hot or cold.
Why This Recipe Works
And the great thing about this sauce is it’s incredibly versatile. You can enjoy it as a spread or tasty blue cheese dip for side dishes and starters like our mac and cheese bites. Spoon it onto sizzling-hot steaks for a melty and flavorful blue cheese steak sauce.
The ready-made sauces you’ll find at grocery stores are unmatched when it comes to the rich blue cheese flavor and creaminess of homemade sauce. And since it only requires four ingredients and a few minutes to prepare, there’s really no reason not to make your own!
Our tangy blue cheese dip is:
- a quick and easy recipe
- the perfect complement to steaks, meats, burgers and more!
- thick and creamy with a bold, punchy flavor
Just four simple ingredients are all you need to make the best blue cheese sauce!
- blue cheese crumbles
- heavy cream
- garlic powder
- Worcestershire sauce
Any blue cheese crumbles will do, and you can really play with the flavor based on the type of blue cheese used.
A more mild blue cheese will give you a milder sauce, while cheeses with more blue veining tend to be more pungent.
Here’s a look at how to make the sauce, but be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page to check out the printable recipe card.
Add half of the blue cheese and all of the cream to a small saucepan. Heat on medium heat until the cheese melts.
Stir in the garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.
Remove from heat and stir in the rest of the blue cheese. If you want a chunkier sauce, wait five minutes before stirring in the rest of the cheese.
Spoon sauce onto burgers or steak or use it as a dip. The sauce will thicken as it cools. You can reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop to make it warm and pourable again.
Tips for the Best Results
- There are many blue cheese varieties, and your cheese will determine the final taste of the sauce. Varieties like Danish blue or Roquefort cheese and Gorgonzola have a deeper, pungent blue cheese flavor than the blue cheese crumbles bought in the small plastic containers.
- Store leftover blue cheese sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- You can freeze the sauce. However, it will not be as silky smooth when it thaws. It also has a tendency to split when it thaws. You can stir in some hot cream if the sauce breaks.
What to Serve with Blue Cheese Sauce
Cast iron beef tenderloin : Cooked in a large skillet, these juicy beef tenderloin steaks and sauce are the ideal pairing.
Sous vide ribeye: The sous vide cooks your steak to absolute perfection. Serve blue cheese steak sauce on the side.
Steak bite appetizers: They are meaty and delicious little dippers!
More Condiment Recipes
- Raspberry Sauce
- Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce
- Lemon Herb Tahini Sauce
- Red Chimichurri
- 28 Essential Condiment Recipes
Some of the following are affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click on these links and purchase something. You don’t pay any extra, but it will help us keep the lights on.
Some More Recipes We Are Sure You Will Love:
Creamy peppercorn sauce is rich and flavorful, with a spicy bite from black pepper, fragrant garlic and shallot. The sauce even calls for a touch of brandy for a smokey finish! Enjoy it on your favorite steak for a steakhouse-inspired meal.
Broiled pork chops are simple to make any night of the week! A salty brine locks in flavor and juiciness. Cooked under the broiler, these chops get a crispy, golden brown crust.
Our buffalo chicken dip is one tasty starter! Creamy, cheesy and full of flavor, you’ll love the combination of tender chicken, spicy buffalo sauce and melted blue cheese crumbles.
Connect With Savor the Best:
Please follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles (4 ounces)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Add half of the blue cheese and all of the cream to a small saucepan. Heat on medium heat until the cheese melts. Stir in the garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Remove from heat and stir in the rest of the blue cheese. If you want a chunkier sauce let it sit for 5 minutes before you stir in the rest of the cheese.
- Use warm or cold as a sauce for burgers and steak or as a dip. It will thicken up as it cools. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 203mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.