Our baked honey glazed turkey wings recipe is perfect for a lazy weekend dinner solution or game day appetizer.
This from-scatch recipe uses readily available ingredients and takes minimal hands-on time. The turkey wings bake in a tangy honey dijon sauce that infuses them with flavor.
The honey dijon sauce is sweet, tangy, and spicy all at once. As the turkey wings bake, the juices seep into the sauce and give it even more flavor. We added some cornstarch to the sauce to make it thick enough to cling to the wings and anything else you want to serve with dinner.
This is an easy recipe that takes minimal hands-on time. The oven does most of the work and cooks the turkey wings until they are so tender, they practically fall off the bone.
Here is what we love about our baked turkey wings recipe:
- Easy recipe with minimal hands-on time
- Tender, fall-off-the-bone turkey wings
- Sweet and savory honey mustard sauce
- Perfect for appetizers, game day, or family dinner
For more great turkey recipes, try our roasted turkey breast, or our brine roasted turkey. If you have leftover turkey, you can whip up our turkey tetrazzini, turkey burrito casserole, or our turkey noodle soup from a carcass.
Here are the ingredients you will need for these honey glazed turkey wings. For all the details, scroll down to the printable recipe card.
- Turkey wings. The tips of the wings do not have any meat so if you have the butcher remove the tips before you purchase them, you will save money.
- Salt and pepper.
- Butter. The butter adds to the rich flavor of the sauce.
- Garlic cloves. We recommend fresh garlic since it has a more vibrant flavor than dried garlic
- Dijon mustard.
- Worcestershire sauce.
- Cornstarch. The cornstarch adds some thickness and body to the sauce.
- Apple cider vinegar. A little acid balances out the flavors of the sauce.
How to Cook Turkey Wings:
Here is a brief overview of the turkey wing recipe but make sure you scroll down to the printable recipe card for all the details.
- Season the wings with salt and pepper then place them in a baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then whisk in all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the turkey wings, cover the dish with foil, and bake.
- Remove the foil, turn the heat up and roast the wings at a higher temperature for the last 20 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer the turkey wings to a serving platter.
- Skim any fat off the sauce in the baking dish and give the sauce a whisk. Drizzle the sauce over the wings.
Tips for Success:
Have the butcher remove the tips of the wings before you purchase them. The wings do not have any meat in them.
Don’t crowd the baking dish. If you have larger turkey wings, you may need to use a large, rimmed baking sheet to bake the turkey wings. Our wings fit in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Turn the heat up during the last 20 minutes. The extra hot blast of heat will help the wings get a nice golden brown color and reduce the sauce.
Skim the fat off the surface of the sauce. If the wings release a lot of grease as they cook, use a turkey baster or large spoon to skim off the fat.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Under-baked or over-baked turkey wings will lead to tough turkey meat. Our recipe instructs you to bake the turkey wings for up to 1-1/2 hours. That is long enough to break down the collagen in the meat and tenderize the turkey wings. Make sure you cover the wings in foil for the first hour so they don’t dry out.
Baked turkey wings are healthier than fried turkey wings. Since turkey wings are dark meat, they are higher in fat than turkey breast meat however, they are a great source of protein.
You can freeze turkey wings while still raw or after they finish baking. Let them thaw in the fridge overnight before cooking them or re-heating them.
Some of the following are affiliate links. If you click on these links and purchase something, we may receive a small commission. You don’t pay any extra but it will help us keep the lights on.
Some Other Recipes We Are Sure You Will Love:
Our Panko Baked Chicken Tenders are a quick and nutritious alternative to deep-fried chicken tenders. They are covered in an irresistible crisp, crispy coating.
This recipe for BBQ baked chicken legs is easy to make and versatile. You can have succulent chicken legs with a sticky caramelized barbecue sauce ready for family supper with only four ingredients and 20 minutes of prep time.
This luscious and delicious Dry Brined Herb Roasted Turkey has a crisp, golden-brown exterior. Dried herbs placed on top of the bird and within the cavity give it a savory herb flavor.
For more wing recipes:
Connect With Savor the Best:
Please follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds turkey wings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Optional step: cut the turkey wings at the joints to section off the tip, flat, and drumettes. Cutting them into sections will help them cook more evenly.
- Sprinkle the turkey with salt and pepper and place them in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish (see notes).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and whisk in the Dijon, honey, cornstarch, Worcestershire, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Coat the turkey wings with the honey Dijon sauce.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove the cover and turn the oven up to 400°F. Baste the turkey wings with the honey mustard sauce, and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the turkey wings from the oven and place them on a serving platter.
- If the turkey wings released a lot of fat in the pan, skim the fat off the top of the sauce. Give the sauce a whisk and a taste test. Add salt and pepper if needed. Spoon the sauce over the turkey wings or pour it into a dish to serve on the side.
- Whole turkey wings have three parts to them. The tip, the flat, and the drumette. We purchased turkey wings that already had the tips removed so the video shows that each wing was cut into two sections. There really isn’t any meat on the tips so it is more economical to purchase turkey wings that do not have the tips intact. You can ask the butcher to remove the tips before you purchase them.
- If you have more than three turkey wings or you plan to cook the tips of the wings, you will need a larger dish. You can use a baking sheet as long as it has 1-inch edges.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 559Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 1111mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 43g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.