I love roasted vegetables and have experimented with many combinations and have enjoyed all of them. The roasting caramelizes the sugars and brings out their sweetness. Fall is a great time for these wonderful roasted root vegetables, however, they need not be limited to just the cooler end-of-the year months as they are available year round. I especially like to serve these veggies as a side dish with a pork roast and a nice green salad.
CONNECT WITH SAVOR THE BEST!
Be sure to follow us on our social media accounts
If you make one of our recipes, snap a photo and tag it @savorthebest on Instagram and hashtag it #savorthebest
- 3 carrots
- 3 parsnips
- 10-12 fingerling potatoes
- 3-4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Kosher salt and fresh pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°
- Peel the carrots and parsnips and cut them into 2 inch pieces of approximately the same size for even cooking.
- Cut scrubbed fingerlings into pieces approximating the same size as the carrots and parsnips.
- Put the vegetables in a large bowl and toss with the olive oil. Transfer to a baking sheet in a single layer. If they are too close together and heaped on each other they will end up 'steamed' rather than roasted.
- Sprinkle generously with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Roast the vegetables at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Check often and remove when they are fork tender but still a little resistant when pierced. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.