A little prep time goes a long way with our easy chipotle aioli! Spice up any sandwich, a plate of fries or a veggie tray with this flavorful and spicy sauce that takes just minutes to make. Store it in your fridge for a quick and simple go-to sauce to add some bold and zesty flavor when you need it!
Our chipotle aioli recipe makes a simple sauce that’s perfect as a spread or dip. We are big aioli fans and this chipotle aioli is a delicious spin on a classic- it adds just the right amount of heat.
If you like this recipe, you will also like our raspberry chipotle sauce.
Our Chipotle Aioli is:
- easy to make with only 5 minutes of prep time!
- thick and creamy with a spicy-smokey flavor you’ll love
- made with less than 10 ingredients
What is Aioli?
First, what exactly is aioli? Is aioli the same as mayonnaise? Does aioli have raw egg? If you’ve ever come across this word and had no clue what it was (pronounced “ay-OH-lee,” by the way), let us clear up any confusion!
Aioli is similar to mayonnaise in the sense that they’re both emulsions (a mix of two ingredients that don’t want to mix- like an oil with something water-based).
Traditionally, aioli refers to mashed garlic emulsified with oil, while mayonnaise is oil and raw eggs. Today, aioli is quite often understood to be a “fancier” or “dressed up” mayonnaise since many aioli recipes (including this one) use mayonnaise as a base to simplify and speed up the process.
For more yummy aioli recipes, check out our lemon-dill aioli sauce and our fresh horseradish aioli sauce. Both recipes make a delicious aioli that can be used in different ways. For instance, the lemon-dill aioli is superb paired with fish, while the horseradish aioli is perfect for steak or prime rib.
This easy chipotle aioli will jazz up a serving of fries, hot wings or a fresh vegetable platter- we love this chipotle version because there are so many ways to enjoy it!
Ingredients for Chipotle Aioli:
To make our easy chipotle aioli, you will need the following ingredients:
- garlic cloves, minced
- chipotle peppers (we use canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce like this one– the quantity will depend on how hot you’d like the aioli to be)
- white vinegar
- onion powder
Our Easy Chipotle Aioli Recipe:
One of the reasons we love this chipotle aioli recipe is because it comes together in minutes since we use mayonnaise.
There’s no need to worry about the emulsification process or how to fix a “broken aioli” or the temperature of your ingredients. It’s a simple mix-and-stir kind of situation that really anyone can find success with.
Here’s a Look at How to Make Chipotle Aioli :
- Chop the chipotle peppers. Place the chipotle peppers on a cutting board and chop with the garlic until they are both finely minced.
- Combine the ingredients. Scoop the mayonnaise into a small mixing bowl. Add the chopped garlic/chipotle peppers to the mayo. Stir in the vinegar, honey, onion powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix until it’s well combined and creamy.
- Serve or chill. Serve this easy chipotle aioli immediately or store in the fridge until ready to use.
Pro Tip for Aioli:
This aioli contains small chunks of garlic and chipotle since it’s added minced, but you can easily make it extra smooth by processing the chipotle and garlic in a food processor to turn it into a fine puree.
What Can You Put Aioli Sauce On?
The correct answer is: EVERYTHING. 😉 And after one taste, you’ll totally agree! It’s spicy, creamy, and smooth and makes the perfect sandwich spread or dip.
Here are a few of our favorite recipes that go well with this chipotle aioli:
- Roasted vegetables
- Pulled pork sandwiches
- Roasted cauliflower steaks
- Roasted artichokes with garlic
- Pan fried potatoes
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! It adds a touch of spice and heat that is seriously satisfying. Enjoy!
Some of the following links are affiliates. If you click on these links and purchase something, we may receive a small commission. You don’t pay any extra but it will help us keep the lights on.
SOME OTHER RECIPES WE ARE SURE YOU WILL LOVE:
- Chipotle Chicken Tortilla Soup: Because chipotle makes any classic recipe 100x better, we’ve gone ahead and made an extra delicious chipotle version of chicken tortilla soup! Smokey, spicy, and loaded up with all the toppings, this is one of our favorite south-of-the-border comfort foods.
- Beef Steak Bites with Fresh Horseradish Aioli Sauce: This is a simple yet delicious appetizer full of flavor. Tender and beefy steak bites served with fresh horseradish aioli will be devoured quickly!
- Creamy Peppercorn Sauce: Rich and flavorful with a spicy bite from the whole peppercorns. This is the sauce to serve with your next steak dinner!
CONNECT WITH SAVOR THE BEST!
Be sure to follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 3 chipotle peppers (depending on how hot you like it)
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the mayonnaise in a small mixing bowl.
- Chop the chipotle peppers and garlic together until they are finely minced. Add them to the mayonnaise.
- Stir in the vinegar, honey, onion powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
If you want a very smooth aioli, you can zap the chipotle peppers and garlic in a food processor to turn them into a fine puree.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.