Honey lemon vinaigrette is sweet and tangy and will add a delicious flavor boost to a variety of salads and dishes. Made with basic ingredients like fresh lemon juice, sweet honey and a touch of garlic, the combination of flavors is wonderfully balanced.
When it comes to homemade dressing, this honey lemon vinaigrette will be your MVP.
It doesn’t just dress a simple green salad but it’s equally delicious on top of fresh fruits, as a dip, and even drizzled over seafood pastas.
While we already know homemade salad dressings will outdo a store-bought salad dressing any day, fresh lemons paired with the natural sweetness of honey works wonders in this homemade lemon vinaigrette. It calls for simple ingredients and it takes just a few minutes to whip up.
Why This Salad Dressing Recipe Works
Making your own salad dressing will not only save you money, but it’s a healthier option than store-bought dressings. This lemon honey dressing is low in added sugars and will work for any of your favorite salads!
Our delicious honey lemon vinaigrette is a simple recipe the entire family will enjoy. With its floral flavor of honey and a fresh tang from lemon, it’s incredibly versatile and can serve as your all-purpose vinaigrette and dressing go-to.
Here’s why you’ll love it:
- Honey lemon vinaigrette is equal parts sweet, acidic and lightly savory, thanks to the additions of Dijon mustard and minced garlic.
- It’s an easy recipe that has so many uses!
- It’s naturally gluten free, and a healthy, homemade salad dressing that will add the perfect boost of flavor to a variety of dishes.
- All you need are seven ingredients and a few minutes of prep!
Here’s a look at what you will need to make this simple vinaigrette:
- Fresh lemon juice. This creates the acid needed for a vinaigrette. Make sure it’s freshly squeezed lemon juice and not bottled lemon juice.
- Garlic. Finely grated or finely minced garlic adds a light, savory flavor to the vinaigrette.
- Dijon mustard. For an extra pop of flavor in the dressing.
- Honey. A little honey adds the natural sweetness that compliments the tangy lemon.
- Sea salt and black pepper. For the perfect amount of seasoning.
- Light olive oil. Using a light olive oil means the oil’s flavor won’t overpower the other ingredients. In this case, we recommend something lighter than extra virgin olive oil which will have a more potent flavor.
Recipe Variations to Make
Honey Lemon Basil Vinaigrette: Add 2 tablespoons of chopped, fresh basil to the mixture before whisking in the oil. This variation infuses an aromatic, herbaceous note to the dressing, making it perfect for summer salads.
Creamy Honey Lemon Yogurt Dressing: Whisk in 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt or sour cream. This variation introduces a creamy, tangy element, making it a great addition to heartier salads or as a dip.
Spicy Honey Lemon Ginger Dressing: Add 2 teaspoons of fresh grated ginger and a pinch of red pepper flakes to the mix before whisking in the oil. This version brings a warm, spicy kick.
- Mason jars will work the best for storing honey lemon dressing. But if you don’t have one, just make sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Before using, let the vinaigrette sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes. Shake it well to emulsify the ingredients once again.
What To Serve with Honey Lemon Vinaigrette
This light and flavorful vinaigrette is delicious with the following dishes:
- Crab Pasta
- Grapefruit, Mint and Fennel Salad
- Lobster Ravioli
- Tropical Fruit Salad
- Fig, Gorgonzola and Prosciutto Flatbread
More Recipes You Will Love:
- Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette
- Arugula Apple Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese
- Rosemary Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Vietnamese Green Mango Salad
Connect With Savor the Best:
Please follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup light olive oil
- In a small dish, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, mustard, honey, salt and pepper. While whisking continuously, slowly pour in the oil whisking until the mixture becomes creamy. Transfer to a lidded jar. Shake well before each use.
- Alternative to whisking in a small dish add all the ingredients to a wide-mouth Mason jar and blend with an immersion stick blender.
- This honey lemon vinaigrette will keep from 3-5 days, refrigerated in a covered container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is a guideline only. It is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.