This whole meal, colorful, tri-colored pasta salad with shrimp, is a delightful blend of flavors and textures. Tender tri-colored pasta, crisp veggies and chilled shrimp are tossed in a light vinaigrette with loads of fresh parsley that add so much flavor. This pasta salad recipe makes the perfect light lunch, summery brunch dish, or a nearly effortless dinner!
We’re happy to add this pasta salad with shrimp to our repertoire of pasta dishes! (For more pasta salad inspiration, check out this Chipotle Chicken Pasta Salad or Salmon Salad with Spelt Pasta). Keep in mind, this is no ordinary pasta salad!
Shrimp adds an elegant touch and the dish is even more elevated with the tangy vinaigrette and chopped curly parsley. Fresh and simple flavors work together here. And best of all, this pasta salad with shrimp is still made with ease!
Ingredients for Pasta Salad with Shrimp:
With kalamata olives, garlic, parsley and olive oil, this is essentially an Italian pasta salad with shrimp!
Fresh bell pepper, red onion, chopped scallions and cucumber add a nice crisp texture that pairs well with the tender pasta and meaty shrimp. It gives it a lighter, fresh, more salad-like feel. Plus, those firm veggies keep well so you don’t have to worry about any soggy leftovers.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Tri-colored spiral pasta, cooked and chilled
- Green bell pepper, diced
- Red bell pepper, diced
- Green onions, thinly sliced
- English cucumber, diced
- Kalamata olives
- Red onion, chopped
- Fresh curly parsley, chopped
- Medium shrimp, poached and chilled
- Olive oil
- White balsamic vinegar
- Garlic clove, minced or grated
- Salt and pepper
How to Make it:
The wonderful thing about pasta salad is that you can make it in advance and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving. Note that the shrimp and pasta will need to be prepared ahead of time since they both require chill time- don’t use freshly-cooked pasta or the veggies and parsley will wilt.
- Toss the ingredients: In a large salad bowl, add the chopped vegetables, chilled pasta, and shrimp. Toss to combine.
- Make the vinaigrette: Pour the olive oil and balsamic vinegar into a small jelly jar. Add the garlic, salt and pepper. Shake to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing: Pour the dressing over the top of the pasta salad and toss to evenly coat all the ingredients in the vinaigrette. Serve in six chilled salad plates.
That’s it! This shrimp pasta salad recipe is easy-peasy and so delish!
Tips and FAQs:
- We love using tri-colored spiral pasta but really, any shape or color of pasta can be substituted! It won’t affect the taste at all.
- For best results, cook the pasta to a tender al dente.
- How long will shrimp pasta salad last in the fridge? This dish will last up to 2-3 days in the fridge. The veggies will slightly lose some of their crisp-ness, but the salad will still be delish!
- How do you keep pasta salad from drying out? Storing the pasta salad the right way is key and will help ensure that leftovers keep well. It should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container with a lid, or in a bowl covered with plastic wrap.
What to Serve with Shrimp Pasta Salad:
Our tri-colored pasta salad with shrimp makes a yummy and satisfying main course, but it also works great as a side. Looking for some recipe ideas to pair with this pasta salad? Look no further!
A few of our favorites are:
- Seafood Stew: Keep the seafood theme going with this delicious seafood stew, similar to cioppino!
- No-Knead Focaccia Bread: Loaded with olive oil, flakey sea salt and herbs, this fluffy Italian bread is always a stellar choice.
- Santa Maria Tri-Tip: Put a twist on the classic surf-and-turf and pair this shrimp pasta salad with our grilled Santa Maria Tri-Tip for an elevated, backyard barbecue kind of meal.
This salad travels well and makes a great addition to potlucks and picnics. Fresh flavors, satisfying textures and a simple vinaigrette to top it all off, there’s so much to love about this shrimp pasta salad! It’s versatile, delicious, and filling. Enjoy!
Some Other Recipes We Are Sure You Will Love:
- Chicken Tortellini Alfredo: Cheese tortellini pasta and tender chicken are smothered in a creamy Alfredo sauce. This decadent, comforting dinner may become part of your regular rotation for quick dinners.
- Spanish Chorizo and Shrimp Pasta: Thick fettuccini, spicy sausage, plump shrimp and salty olives in a smoky-flavored sauce. You will love this super-simple, delicious dinner. Don’t forget the crusty bread to mop up the sauce with!
- Panzanella: Italy makes great use of their day-old bread and juicy, ripe tomatoes with a bread and tomato salad, spicy fresh basil and a simple vinaigrette dressing. This is a classic Italian summertime salad!
Connect With Savor the Best:
Please follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
- 12 ounces tri-colored spiral pasta, cooked and chilled
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 6 green onions, white and green, thinly sliced
- 1/2 diced English cucumber
- 1 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 bunch fresh curly parsley, chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds medium shrimp, poached and chilled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 grated or minced garlic clove
- Add all chopped vegetables, pasta and shrimp to a large salad bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper to a small jelly jar, shake to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top of the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve in 6 chilled salad plates.
- We love the colorful spiral pasta but any shape or color pasta can be substituted.
- This salad is best with the pasta cooked to a tender 'al-dente.
- This pasta salad can be prepared in advance, covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated for 1-2 hours.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 508Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 319mgSodium: 1676mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 39g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.