Smoked gouda dip is thick and creamy with a delicious, smoky flavor and a salty crunch from crisp bacon. Whether you serve it with potato chips, fresh veggies, or slices of crusty sourdough bread, this cheesy dip will surely be the party appetizer that disappears fast!
Smoked gouda has the best flavor on its own but we’re stepping it up a notch with our smoked gouda cheese dip recipe! Not only is it easy to make, but it’s the perfect starter for any get-together, including special occasions, family dinners, or backyard barbecues.
Dress it up with a plate of raw vegetables, toasted pita chips, or these sourdough crackers, or make it a casual appetizer and serve it with a bag of salty potato chips.
And, whenever there’s bacon involved, you know it’s going to be good. 😉
Why This Recipe Works
Smoked gouda dip only takes 10 minutes to make and, just like the prep time, the ingredient list is short and sweet.
- A combination of smoked gouda and smoked paprika gives the dip a smoky flavor.
- Cream cheese makes the sauce thick and creamy without needing any thickeners.
- The dip is naturally gluten-free (use a gluten-free Worcestershire sauce).
- A quick and easy recipe that you can whip up at the last minute.
The Ingredient List
To make this smoked gouda dip, you will need:
- Cream cheese, softened
- Sour cream
- Gouda cheese, shredded
- Cooked bacon, crumbled
- Green onions, finely chopped
- Lemon juice
- Smoked paprika
- Onion powder
- Worcestershire sauce
How to Make Smoked Gouda Dip
For this smoked gouda dip recipe, an electric mixer works best (either a hand mixer or a standup mixer). Make sure the cream cheese is softened so that it mixes creamy and blends with the other ingredients well. Cold cream cheese will result in lumps of cheese in the dip.
Here’s a look at how easy it is to make smoked gouda dip! For the full, printable recipe card with all of the details, scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Beat the cream cheese in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate until it’s time to serve.
- Serve with chips, pretzels, or pita chips!
Not only does our smoked gouda dip make a yummy appetizer, but it’s also a delicious spread and will jazz up any sandwich!
Recipe Tips for the Best Results
- You can make smoked gouda dip with whipped cream cheese (in a tub) or block cream cheese.
If you use block cream cheese, make sure it’s softened and beat it well with an electric mixer to remove any lumps. Whipped cream cheese is much fluffier and softer to start with so it’s not necessary to soften it.
- Store this dip in the refrigerator until it’s time to serve but let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying. This will give the dip some time to soften and it will be much easier to dip chips into it.
- Store any leftover dip in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gouda is a wonderful addition to a cheese-based dip! It’s rich and creamy and melts beautifully. Gouda adds a complex, cheesy flavor to this cold gouda dip.
Bacon, green onions, and smoked paprika add incredible flavor that make this gouda cheese dip irresistible!
This smoked gouda cheese dip recipe couldn’t be any easier! It’s the party app you need when… well, whenever you want something cheesy, flavorful, and oh, so GOOD.
Some of the following are affiliate links. If you click on these links and purchase something, we may receive a small commission. You don’t pay any extra but it will help us keep the lights on.
Some Other Recipes We Are Sure You Will Love:
Herbed Olive Oil Dip: Fresh herbs, olive oil, garlic, and seasonings turn into a classic Italian olive oil dip. Grab a loaf of crusty sourdough bread or your favorite baguette and let the dipping begin.
Smoky Bacon Bean Dip: This hot and smoky bacon bean dip is creamy, flavorful and ideal for any kind of gathering. Smoky bits of bacon combine with beans and melted cheddar cheese for this delicious party starter that will disappear in no time!
Greek Yogurt Dip: Fresh, creamy and super versatile, you can enjoy this Greek yogurt dip with fresh veggies, in a pita or on your favorite sandwich. It’s quick and easy to prepare and offers a much lighter and healthier take on a classic ranch dressing dip.
Connect With Savor the Best:
Please follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 5 slices cooked, crumbled bacon
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add the sour cream and mayonnaise. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Serve with potato chips, pretzels, or pita chips. You can also use this as a sandwich spread.
- This recipe works well with either whipped cream cheese in a tub or block cream cheese.
- If you use block cream cheese, make sure it is softened and beat it with an electric mixer to get out all the lumps.
- Store the dip in the refrigerator but let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. That will give the dip a chance to get soft before dipping chips into it.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 56 Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.