We’ll go ahead and say it: there’s no dessert quite like this No Bake Peanut Butter Pie! A fluffy, smooth and nutty filling, a crisp, buttery graham cracker crust, and a garnish of chopped peanuts. Whipped cream and chocolate curls add a flourish to the finish.
It has peanut butter. It has chocolate. It is sooo deliciously decadent. When it comes to flavor and texture, this peanut butter pie has everything going for it. We recently posted our peanut butter frosting and we have been on a roll with all the peanut butter desserts.
We’re so thrilled to add this peanut butter pie to our (ever-growing) collection of pie recipes. Peanut butter pie is a nostalgic treat that’s reminiscent of what you’d find on the menu at a classic, old-fashioned diner. But our peanut butter pie from scratch is better, friends. We also have an amazing peanut butter tart, check that out.
It has a perfect graham cracker crust, of course. Then we pour in a layer of fudge-y chocolate. Next is a rich and peanut-buttery whipped mousse-like filling that is finished off with homemade whipped cream, chocolate curls, and crunchy-salted peanuts. This is pie piled high and each layer is so delicious.
About the Ingredients:
The ingredient list is pretty standard- nothing unusual here! In fact, you might already have everything you need on hand.
Here are a few notes about the ingredients that will come in handy as you make this:
- Graham cracker crust: Peanut butter pie with graham cracker crust is a delicious combo! This pie uses our basic graham cracker crust recipe, made with whole graham crackers. Blitz them in a food processor for the most fresh, moist crumb. Combine with butter and brown sugar and you’re good to go!
- Fudge layer: The base of this is chocolate chips, heavy cream, and butter to make a thick, ganache-style chocolate layer that will sit on top of the crust. Ganache is so versatile. We even thinned it down to make a decadent chocolate sauce.
- Peanut butter filling: This recipe is for a peanut butter pie without Cool Whip, an ingredient that is commonly used in no-bake peanut butter pie recipes. Instead, we combine heavy cream with cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla to whip up a rich and fluffy peanut butter mousse filling. We think this pie is better with REAL cream 😉
An Easy Peanut Butter Pie From Scratch:
Our no bake peanut butter pie recipe is simple to make, especially if you already have a pre-baked graham cracker crust ready to go!
The process goes like this:
- Make the crust: Pulse the graham crackers into fine crumbs, add melted butter, brown sugar and salt. Press the crust into a pie pan and bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Spread the fudge layer: Heat 2/3 cup of heavy cream with the corn syrup in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Pour it over the chocolate chips then add the butter and vanilla. Covering the dish helps the chocolate soften for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth. Pour the chocolate into the bottom of crust and smooth it with a spatula.
- Make the creamy peanut butter filling: Whip together the cream, 1/4 cup sugar, and vanilla to firm peaks. In another mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter until light and fluffy, then add the remaining sugar. Beat until smooth and creamy, then fold in the reserved whipped cream. Spoon the mousse into the cooled crust and chill overnight.
- Garnish the peanut butter pie: Spoon the chopped peanuts around the edge of the crust to form a ring. Spread 1/4 cup of sweetened whipped cream in the center of the pie, then add a crown of chocolate curls on top of the whipped cream.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Results:
- For an entirely no-bake peanut butter pie, make a no-bake crust! Simply add two extra tablespoons of melted butter to the crust, and transfer it to the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Don’t bring the cream to a full boil when heating. Watch the cream around the inside edge of the pan and when small bubbles appear, it’s ready to pour over the chocolate.
- A non-natural peanut butter such as Skippy or Jif will work best for this recipe, as natural peanut butters are more drippy and won’t whip up as well. Use either smooth or crunchy peanut butter.
- To serve the pie, slice with a thin, sharp knife dipped in hot water after each slice. This will ensure clean cuts.
- This no bake peanut butter pie can be stored in the freezer for up to three months, covered with plastic wrap.
We know you’ll love this easy no bake peanut butter pie! It’s cold, creamy, and fluffy, with the best peanut butter / chocolate combination!
Some of the following links are affiliates. If you click on these links and purchase something, we may receive a small commission. You don’t pay any extra but it will help us keep the lights on.
Some More Recipes We Are Sure You Will Love:
- Chocolate Pacan Pie: A rich, decadent dessert with a tender, flakey crust filled with a rich chocolate and pecan filling.
- Creamy Whole Lemon Tart: A crunchy shortbread pastry shell with a creamy, sweet-tart lemon filling made in the blender. Cream cheese is the secret to the creamy texture.
- Chocolate Mint Tart: You will love this easy, elegant dessert! The press-in shortbread crust, filled with a silky, rich chocolate-mint filling and topped with a glossy chocolate ganache glaze. This is to die for!
Connect With Savor the Best:
Please follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
For the Crust:
- 11 whole graham crackers (1-1/2 cups crumbs)
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
For the Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups smooth peanut butter (not natural)
For the Garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup roasted/salted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- Chocolate curls
For the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a 9-inch, deep-dish pie plate with non-stick oil spray.
- Break the graham crackers in half and put into the bowl of the food processor. Pulse until the crackers are fine crumbs. Add the melted butter, brown sugar and salt. Pulse the mixture until well combined.
- Tip the mixture into the pie plate spreading evenly. Press firmly against the sides of the pie plate and the bottom.
- Transfer the pie plate to the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove the pie crust from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
For the Fudge Layer:
- Place the chocolate chips in a bowl and reserve.
- Combine 2/3 cup of cream and the corn syrup in a small saucepan set over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate chips. Add the butter and vanilla, cover the dish and let the chocolate soften for 5 minutes. then stir until smooth. Tip the chocolate into the bottom of the cooled pie crust and smooth with a spatula.
For the Peanut Butter Filling:
- In a medium, chilled bowl whip the cream, 1/4 cup sugar and the vanilla to firm peaks; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add the remaining 3/4 cup of sugar and beat until smooth and creamy. Gently fold the reserved whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture and spoon into the cooled crust. Transfer the pie to the refrigerator and chill overnight.
- Before serving garnish the pie.
For the Garnish (optional)
- Spoon a ring of chopped peanuts around the edge of the crust.
- Spread 1/4 cup of sweetened whipped cream in the center of the pie.
- Add a crown of chocolate curls on top of the whipped cream.
- For a no-bake crust add an extra 2 tablespoons of the melted butter, transfer the crust to the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up.
- When heating the cream, do not boil, when small bubbles appear around the inside edge of the pan it is ready to pour over the chocolate.
- Use a non-natural peanut butter such as Skippy or Jif, either smooth or crunchy
- To serve the pie, slice with a thin, sharp knife dipped in hot water after each slice.
- This pie can be frozen up to 3 months, covered with plastic wrap.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 966Total Fat: 72gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 546mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 5gSugar: 52gProtein: 18g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.