White chocolate mousse for cake! It’s rich, decadent and whipped to prime fluffiness which gives it an incredible consistency as a filling or frosting for cake. Its light yet sturdy texture means it won’t deflate a cake or make it soggy, either.
While we’re calling this one “white chocolate mousse for cake,” our love for this mousse knows no bounds! It’s incredible as a fruit dip, spread onto cupcakes or enjoyed plain, in a simple dessert cup.
This recipe makes an irresistible white chocolate mousse filling. It’s perfect for our White Chocolate Mousse Cake. There’s something about white chocolate that makes any sweet treat extra special- perhaps it’s the fact that it’s creamier, slightly sweeter than regular chocolate, with a rich, buttery taste. Whatever it is, we’re hooked!
So let’s get down to why we love this white chocolate mousse recipe!
- Ready in 15 minutes
- Very simple to make with only four ingredients required
- Creamy, fluffy and light
Yep, you read that right! FOUR INGREDIENTS. It’s the easiest white chocolate mousse recipe ever, and it also doesn’t require any eggs.
Let’s make it!
How to Make White Chocolate Mousse for Cake:
Simple to make and ready in a matter of minutes, the prep time and low-effort of this recipe is ideal, especially when making it for cake.
The “secret” to our easy-peasy white chocolate mousse recipe? Cream cheese.
It adds so much creaminess, fluffiness, and just makes this recipe extra easy. There’s no need to mess with eggs or temper anything. White chocolate mousse with cream cheese is the answer.
You will need:
- White chocolate, finely chopped
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese, softened
Our white chocolate mousse recipe:
To make this sweet, cloud-like goodness, follow these simple steps (see the full recipe at the bottom of the page!):
- Melt the white chocolate: In a bowl, combine the chopped white chocolate and 1/3 cup heavy cream. Melt the mixture over a double boiler or in the microwave (low power), then let it come to room temperature.
- Beat in the cream cheese: Add the cream cheese to a mixing bowl and beat until creamy and smooth. Add in the vanilla and the cooled white chocolate mixture. Whip until well combined.
- Whip the cream: In a separate bowl, whip the remaining 1 cup of cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the white chocolate mixture. It’s ready to use!
How to Enjoy White Chocolate Mousse
I’m sure you don’t need much help in this area, but as always, we’re here with some of our favorite ways to enjoy this mousse!
- Serve it as a dip with fresh fruit
- Include it in a fun dessert tray
- Pipe it into cupcakes or use as a cake filling
- Dish it into single-serving dessert cups and top with berries
- Spread it onto your cookie of choice!
- Pipe it in between cookies to make a delicious cookie-mousse sandwich
One of the great things about this white chocolate mousse recipe is that you don’t have to pick just one way to enjoy it! Use it as a cake filing then eat it by the spoonful afterward. Or let kiddos decorate their favorite cookies with extra mousse!
This white chocolate mousse for cake is a fluffy and luxurious, lick-the-bowl-clean kind of treat that we can’t get enough of. Try it in our White Chocolate Mousse Cake for a sweet, elegant dessert. Happy baking!
Some of the following links are affiliates. If you click on these links and purchase something, we may receive a small commission. You don’t pay any extra but it will help us keep the lights on.
SOME OTHER RECIPES WE ARE SURE YOU WILL LOVE:
- Raspberry White Chocolate Mousse: Our more “traditional” white chocolate mousse recipe featuring thick layers and sweet swirls of a fresh raspberry sauce. Serve in individual glass jars for a personal-sized dessert that are always a hit!
- Pistachio Rose Mascarpone Cream Cakes: An elegant flavor profile is just one of the things we love about this unique cake! The soft and tender sponge and mascarpone cream layer are a delight.
- Double Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting: An intensely rich and chocolate-y frosting for all of your favorite cakes!
Connect With Savor the Best:
Please follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
- 7 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1-1/3 cups heavy cream, divided (10.7 fluid ounces)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine the chopped white chocolate and 1/3 cup of the heavy cream in a bowl. Melt the chocolate/cream mixture over a double boiler or in the microwave. (If you use a microwave, use low power).
- Let the chocolate mixture come to room temperature.
- Add the cream cheese to a mixing bowl and beat until creamy and smooth. Beat in the vanilla and the cooled white chocolate mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whip the remaining 1 cup of cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the white chocolate mixture.
- Use the mousse for a cake filling, fruit dip, or fill dessert cups and serve as a creamy mousse dessert.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.