Our Lobster pasta with creamy garlic sauce is a decadent dish for special occasions, to be enjoyed by your special people. 😉 The creamiest of cream sauces is infused with rich garlic flavor and a crispy lemon garlic panko bread crumb that tops it all (literally and figuratively!). This lobster pasta recipe makes a dream dinner, perfect for a no-rush night when you can sit back and savor every last perfect bite.
Have you ever had lobster pasta? If not, please try it soon. It’s downright incredible- the epitome of elegant, upscale comfort food that is so satisfyingly good.
Loaded with tender chunks of lobster, flavorful bacon and salty sun-dried tomatoes, then all of it tossed in a creamy garlic sauce with the perfect ratio of butter and cheese.
Let’s face it, this lobster pasta recipe features the real MVPs of the food world: pasta, cheese, cream, bacon, and lobster. We’re not holding anything back with this one! Serve it with some rustic bread to dip into this garlic butter sauce for the perfect dinner.
what you will need for lobster pasta
Lobster pasta with creamy garlic sauce sounds like quite the dinner endeavor, but don’t be intimidated! This lobster pasta recipe only takes 30 minutes to make, so long as you have already-cooked lobster meat. Elegant, impressive, and easy!
To make lobster pasta with creamy garlic sauce, you will need:
- Panko bread crumbs
- lemon zest
- fresh parsley
- uncooked Rigatoni or penne pasta
- bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- shallot, minced
- salt and pepper
- white wine
- chicken broth
- heavy cream
- grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- cooked lobster meat
If you like how this all sounds, you will like our seafood lasagna as well!
the best lobster pasta recipe!
And we don’t throw that title around lightly! 😉 This lobster pasta recipe is a keeper, perhaps even a new holiday dinner tradition, if you’re inclined to start one (it’s just that good)!
To make lobster pasta with cream sauce, follow these simple steps (to see the full process, scroll to the bottom of the page for the recipe card):
- Cook the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta and cook according to package instructions. Reserve a 1/2 cup of pasta water for later. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Make the panko topping: Melt the butter in a skillet, add the garlic cloves and panko bread crumbs. Stir the mixture continuously until the bread crumbs turn golden brown. Remove from the stovetop and stir in the lemon zest and parsley.
- Make the sauce: Cook the bacon in the skillet until crispy, then set it aside and pour the fat out of the pan. Sauté the shallot in the butter until it’s soft, then stir in the garlic. Add the wine and simmer to reduce. Add the broth, cream, cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes, simmering the sauce for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine: Add the lobster pieces, bacon, and cooked pasta. Simmer the mixture until the lobster meat is heated. Serve the lobster pasta with a spoonful of the crispy panko topping and enjoy!
some tips for one epic lobster pasta!
- For a thinner sauce, you can stir in the reserved pasta water (or a portion of it) at the very end to thin it down.
- When making the panko topping, keep stirring the mixture to prevent the garlic or bread crumbs from burning!
- We use already-cooked lobster meat, which turns this impressive, elegant dinner into an easy, no-fuss meal! The lobster can be made in advance– follow the instructions in this post: Grilled Lobster Tails with Butter Sauce.
Lobster pasta with creamy garlic sauce will forever have a place in our hearts and on our dinner table.
So, so yummy- the exact kind of comfort food we all need. We hope you love this fabulous dish!
SOME OTHER RECIPES WE ARE SURE YOU WILL LOVE:
- Our Steak and Lobster Sandwich on Garlic Bread is the best way to enjoy surf and turf! Steak and lobster is smothered with a silky, buttery hollandaise sauce and wrapped in a garlic bun.
- These Alaskan King Crab Cakes are little patties of perfection! Packed with tender Alaskan King Crab and all the best complementary flavors, these crab cakes make the perfect starter or even main course.
- Spanish Chorizo and Shrimp Pasta combines fettuccine, smoky sausage and plump shrimp for a delicious, comforting bowl of pasta that comes together in record time!
CONNECT WITH SAVOR THE BEST!
Be sure to follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
Crispy lemon garlic panko topping
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- zest of 1lemon
- 4 to 5 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 10 ounces uncooked Rigatoni or penne pasta
- 4 strips bacon, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- 5 ounces grated Pecorino Romano cheese (about 1 cup grated
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 12 ounces cooked lobster meat
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Just before draining the pasta, scoop out 1/2 cup of pasta water and reserve for later. Drain the pasta.
- Make the crispy panko topping. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a skillet. Add the garlic cloves and the panko bread crumbs. Stir continuously until the bread crumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from heat then stir in the lemon zest and fresh parsley. Set aside for later.
- Fry the chopped bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Set the bacon aside and drain the bacon fat from the skillet.
- Melt the butter in the skillet then add the shallot. Saute the shallot until it is soft then stir in the garlic.
- Add the wine and simmer until the wine is almost completely reduced.
- Add the chicken broth, cream, cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the lobster, bacon, and cooked pasta. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes until the lobster meat is heated through.
- If you want to thin the sauce out then stir in the reserved pasta water.
- Serve the lobster pasta with the crispy panko topping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
T-fal Saute Pan Jumbo Cooker with Lid, Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Pan, 5 Quart, Black
Circulon 83909 Radiance Hard Anodized Nonstick Stock Pot/Stockpot with Lid - 10 Quart, Gray
35 oz Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut in Olive Oil (Original Version)
Swanson Natural Goodness Chicken Broth, 32 oz. Carton
365 Everyday Value, Panko Bread Crumbs, 8 Ounce
Barilla Pasta, Rigatoni, 16 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 599Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 789mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 30g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.