This vibrant Fresh Mango Salsa is a little sweet from the mango and pineapple, and packs some heat from the chili peppers. It is perfect served as a dip with tortilla chips while sitting on the deck under the umbrella with a cold Margarita.
I found a great buy on a couple of large mangos. They had become a little wrinkly and the produce department had reduced the price. I don’t care if they are not quite as pretty as they once were. They were still firm and sweet but not over ripe. It was a good bargain and made a great fresh mango salsa.
This fresh mango salsa is easy to make and takes about 15 minutes to chop everything up and put it together. It is sweet from the mangos and pineapple while it has a little kick from the jalapeño and serrano chilies.
We love the flavors that the garlic and cilantro add to this salsa while the freshly squeezed lime juice balances out all the flavors.
The chilies can be adjusted in quantity according to your personal taste but one jalapeño and one serrano is spicy enough for us.
Fresh mango salsa is a wonderful companion to pork and it adds a Caribbean flair to a backyard cookout of bbq ribs and it is wonderful served with fish tacos or in a green salad with grilled chicken.
I think you will love this salsa!
We used it in our recipe for Grilled Mahi-Mahi with fresh Mango salsa but it makes a great companion to a bowl of chips. Try it on chicken or in a fish taco. Or just grab a fork and eat it like it’s a meal! It is that good!
You might also like these recipes:
How To Make Fresh Mango Salsa
- 2 to 3 large fresh Champaign mangos, chopped
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks, chopped
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 fresh serrano chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño chili pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 3-4 fresh green scallions, white and green, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 fresh limes, juiced
- Cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Add all the chopped ingredients to a large bowl, sprinkle with sea salt and squeeze the lime juice over the top. Toss to combine and transfer to a serving dish.
Amount Per Serving Calories 45 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 47mg Carbohydrates 12g Fiber 1g Sugar 9g Protein 1g