Fast pizza dough that’s completely homemade?! Now we are talking. This easy pizza crust recipe is one for any time, any day of the week, and you don’t even have to plan ahead! Our quick rise pizza dough uses rapid-acting yeast and all-purpose flour, basic ingredients that make a classic, delicious and quick pizza crust!
Why you will love this fast pizza dough:
Yes, we love a good sourdough pizza dough and a whole grain Einkorn crust, but sometimes you need an easy and quick pizza dough that you can throw together on a busy night. No hour-long proofing is required and only six ingredients total.
This is the easiest of easy pizza crust recipes! We guarantee your family will love it too because quick pizza dough means less time to wait until dinner. Plus, this recipe makes enough dough for two pizzas, which means you can always pop one in the freezer for even easier meal prep another day.
What to love about this pizza dough recipe with all-purpose flour:
- iI only requires 6 ingredients
- The fast pizza dough rises in 10 minutes
- It only takes 12 minutes to bake
- This is an all-purpose flour pizza dough (no special flour required!)
Fast Pizza Dough Ingredients:
To make this easy pizza dough, you will need:
- All-purpose flour. All-purpose flour is the type of flour we all have readily available in our kitchens. Sure, you can use bread flour or finely milled ’00’ flour but we are keeping it as accessable as possible with this recipe.
- Quick-rise yeast. Quick rise yeast is a type of instant yeast that is formulated to activate quicker than traditional instant yeast. It is sold by Fleischmann’s under the name RapidRise yeast or you can find it from Red Star under the name Quick-Rise yeast.
- Water. The water should be warm (not hot). It should be about the temperature you would have for a baby’s bath water.
- Sugar. You don’t need the sugar to activate the yeast, however it does speed the process up and it adds a layer of flavor to the dough.
- Salt. Salt enhances the texture and flavor of the dough.
- Olive oil.
That’s it! These ingredients work magic together to create an all-purpose flour pizza dough that you can enjoy in no time.
How to Make Easy Pizza Dough:
Just like most pizza dough recipes, the process for this one is as simple as mix, knead, rest, bake. The only difference is the time involved during the “rest”- in this case, you will only need 10 minutes.
Here’s the easy pizza crust recipe:
- Mix the dry ingredients: Combine the flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients: Pour in the water and olive oil, then mix until the dough is well-combined. It should be slightly sticky (if it’s too wet, add a bit more flour).
- Knead the pizza dough: Transfer it to a floured work surface and knead for about 5 minutes or until it is smooth.
- Rest and bake: Let the dough rest on the counter for 10-15 minutes, then divide the dough and prepare your pizza (you can also freeze it at this time- keep reading for instructions on freezing and baking!).
How to Freeze the Dough:
- Coat each ball of dough in olive oil.
- Wrap each in plastic wrap then slide it into a zipper-seal bag.
- Squeeze the air out of the bag and freeze the fast pizza dough for up to three months.
How to Bake it:
- Roll the dough balls into 10″ to 12″ circles and place them on a sheet of parchment paper or press them into a greased sheet pan.
- Roll the edges in and pinch them.
- Spread your favorite pizza sauce on the dough and add toppings of choice.
- Bake the pizza for 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
Pro Tips for the Best Results:
- If you make a thicker crust pizza, it will need to bake a tad longer- about 20 to 22 minutes total.
- To use the frozen dough, let it thaw completely by keeping it in the fridge overnight. Set the thawed dough on the counter for about half an hour before rolling it out for pizza.
- Can pizza dough be used immediately? Yes! You can follow this easy pizza crust recipe to make a dough that can be used immediately. But you certainly don’t have to! Since you’ll end up with enough for two pizzas, you can use one now and freeze the other for another day.
- If you intend to cook in an outdoor pizza oven, use the larger quantity of flour listed in the recipe card (and add up to 1/4 cup extra flour). Since outdoor pizza ovens cook food quickly, you should prepare dough with less hydration.
Easy Pizza Recipes:
Now that you have this quick pizza dough recipe, how about some pizza night inspiration? Here are some of our favorite ways to use this all-purpose flour pizza dough:
- Mushroom pizza with garlic sauce
- Chicken spinach pizza with white garlic sauce
- Chicken-mushroom pizza with Einkorn crust
This recipe is a keeper that will save the day over and over again! It’s hard to beat homemade pizza dough and now you won’t have to plan ahead to enjoy it. Make every night pizza night if you want!
Some of the following are affiliate links. If you click on these links and purchase something, we may receive a small commission. You don’t pay any extra but it will help us keep the lights on.
Some Other Recipes We Are Sure You Will Love:
White Garlic Sauce for Pizza: Flavorful and a cinch to make, our white garlic sauce is a rich and creamy pizza sauce that delivers bold garlic flavor!
Meat Lasagna Recipe with Beef and Sausage: This hearty, homestyle meat lasagna is packed with layers of our sausage and beef tomato sauce and a creamy blend of cheeses.
Sourdough Croutons: Homemade croutons are so simple to make and these sourdough croutons have maximum flavor! Buttery and crisp, they will improve any salad or soup and make a nearly irresistible snack.
Connect With Savor the Best:
Please follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (480 to 540 grams)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (13 grams)
- 2 teaspoons salt (12 grams)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Quick-Rise Instant yeast (4 grams)
- 1-1/2 cups water (354 grams)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (26 grams)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F if you plan to bake a pizza (otherwise you can freeze the dough after you make it).
- Combine 4 cups of flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add the water and olive oil. Mix until blended. If it is too wet, gradually add enough flour to make a soft dough. The dough should be slightly sticky.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes (you can also use your stand mixer with a dough hook).
- Let the dough rest on the counter for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into two balls.
- At this point, you can either freeze the dough or prep it for a pizza.
To freeze the dough:
- Coat each ball of dough in some olive oil. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap then slide it into a zipper-seal bag.
- Squeeze all the air out of the bag then freeze if for up to 3 months.
To Bake the pizza:
- Roll the balls of dough into 10 to 12” circles and place them on a sheet of parchment paper (or press them into a greased sheet pan).
- Form a rim around the pizza dough by rolling the edges in and pinching.
- Spread pizza sauce on the dough and add your desired toppings.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the cheese is bubbly (thicker crust pizza will need to bake for 20 to 22 minutes).
- The quick rise time is dependent on using the right type of instant yeast. RapidRise instant yeast or Quick-Rise instant yeast are formulated to activate faster than standard instant yeast. If you use standard instant yeast, give the dough 30 to 50 minutes to rise.
- To use frozen pizza dough, let it thaw in the fridge overnight. Let the thawed dough sit on the counter for 20 to 30 minutes before rolling it out for pizza.
- Bakers percentages using 4-1/2 cups of flour: flour 100%, sugar 2%, salt 2%,, yeast 0.7%, water 65%, oil 2%
- If you plan to use the pizza dough in an outdoor pizza oven, use the larger amount of flour and add up to 1/4 cup additional flour. Since outdoor pizza ovens cook pizza very quickly, you should use dough with less hydration.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 178mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.