Our Chicken and Spinach Pizza with White Garlic Sauce is a heavenly pizza loaded with the best combination of ingredients! Fresh spinach leaves and shredded chicken add a heartiness to this easy pizza recipe, while our white garlic sauce and two types of cheese bring the flavor.
Best of all, this Chicken Spinach Pizza is ready in under 30 minutes for a pizza night made easy!
What makes this pizza extra special is our homemade White Garlic Sauce, which we like to prepare in advance (it’s incredibly tasty and doubles as a sandwich spread or veggie dip!). And you can opt for a homemade pizza crust (like our Sourdough Pizza Dough) or go the ultra low-maintenance route and pick up a store-bought pizza dough.
Ingredients for Chicken Spinach Pizza
This chicken spinach pizza combines Italian-inspired flavors and wholesome ingredients. It’s also a great way to use leftover chicken. It assembles and cooks quickly, which means hot, bubbly-cheesy pizza is ready in a jif!
Here are the ingredients you will need to make chicken spinach pizza:
- olive oil
- shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
- white garlic sauce
- Italian seasoning
- fresh spinach leaves
- sundried tomatoes, sliced
- shredded Mozzarella cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese
- dried chili flakes
The white garlic sauce is the foundation for this pizza. It is creamy, garlicky and so flavorful. If you love garlic as much as we do then go ahead and make some garlic butter sauce to dip your pizza crust in. It’s pizza and we are splurging!
Can I put raw spinach on a pizza?
Absolutely! Delicate greens like spinach (or arugula) work great on a pizza and they do not need to be cooked prior to the pizza bake. We love greens as toppings- they also add some nice color and freshness.
Let’s make chicken spinach pizza
This pizza is so easy to assemble, even little ones can join in the pizza-making process!
To see the full recipe, scroll to the bottom of the page. Here’s a quick look at how to make one:
- Roll out the dough: Preheat the oven to 450°F. Prep your pizza peel by dusting it with flour or cornmeal. Flatten the disk of pizza dough and roll it out into a 14-inch round.
- Top the dough: Spread the white garlic sauce onto the dough and sprinkle on the Italian seasoning. Spread the fresh spinach and sundried tomatoes on the dough, then scatter the cooked chicken. Spread the cheeses on top.
- Bake the chicken spinach pizza: Transfer the pizza from the peel to a pizza stone and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven, slice, and serve immediately.
Pizza baking tip
So, what to do if you don’t have a pizza peel? No worries, the backside of a baking sheet is a simple substitution!
Flip over a baking sheet and roll out the dough and assemble the chicken spinach pizza on top. The baking sheet also easily slides right into the oven for baking and there’s no need to transfer the pizza to a pizza stone.
Hooray for useful life hacks, especially when they come in handy in the kitchen. 😉
Some of the following links are affiliates. If you click on these links and purchase something, we may receive a small commission. You don’t pay any extra but it will help us keep the lights on.
- Pizza peel. Great for transferring the pizza in and out of the oven.
- Pizza stone. For crispy crust lovers!
- Pizza wheel cutter. For slicing pizza like the pros.
Our Chicken Spinach Pizza with White Garlic Sauce is a classic white pizza combination that will transform pizza night!
SOME OTHER RECIPES WE ARE SURE YOU WILL LOVE:
- Our Chicken Mushroom Pizza with Einkorn Crust packs flavorful ingredients on a soft and tender einkorn crust for an earthy, nutty and savory combo!
- This Spelt Sourdough Bread recipe results in a delicious, rustic sourdough loaf that’s so tender, soft and pillowy on the inside and perfectly crusty on the outside. It’s an easy recipe for beginner sourdough bakers, and the spelt flour makes this loaf a healthier option.
- Our Creamy Chicken Pasta Skillet is an Alredo-style skillet dinner with crisp veggies, pasta, and a rich and velvety cream sauce. It’s a dinner WIN and a great way to use up any leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken.
CONNECT WITH SAVOR THE BEST!
Be sure to follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- Pizza dough (store-bought or homemade )
- 1-1/2 cups of homemade White Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup (packed) fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Dust your pizza peel with flour or cornmeal. Flatten the disk of pizza dough and roll the dough into a 14-inch round.
- Spread the white garlic sauce on the rolled pizza dough and sprinkle with the Italian seasoning.
- Add the fresh spinach and sundried tomatoes. Scatter the cooked chicken over the top.
- Spread the Mozzarella cheese Parmesan over the top.
- Transfer from the pizza peel to a pizza stone and place into the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, remove from the oven, slice, and serve immediately.
The backside of a baking sheet makes an excellent substitute for a pizza peel. The baking sheet with the pizza can go directly into the oven and eliminates the need to transfer the pizza from the peel to a pizza stone.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
New Star Foodservice 50295 Restaurant-Grade Wooden Pizza Peel, 16" L x 14" W Plate, with 10" L Wooden Handle, 24" Overall Length
Wilton Perfect Results Non-Stick Crisper, 14-Inch Pizza Pan, 0, Silver
Unicook Pizza Stone for Grill and Oven, 15 Inch Round Ceramic Baking Stone, Heavy Duty Pizza Cooking Pan, Thermal Shock Resistant, Ideal for Making Crisp Crust Pizza, Bread and More, Includes Scraper
KitchenAid Classic Pizza Wheel, One Size, Red 2
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 683mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 18g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.