This is one of my favorite salad recipes. Baby Kale Salad with Blueberries and Blue Cheese. I also added some roasted walnuts and tossed it all together with a tangy lemon vinaigrette dressing. You are going to love this baby kale salad!
Kale is so nutritious and healthy, I planted several varieties of it in my garden this year and have been enjoying the different tastes. Baby kale has a different flavor and texture than when fully mature.
Just munching baby kale by itself tastes good, it is tender, crisp and has a nutty flavor and no bitterness. Also, it is a sturdy green that holds up well in salads. This lemon vinaigrette is especially delicious paired with the blue cheese and blueberries.
This is a very versatile salad with the different fruits in season. Raspberries are delicious and during the holidays I use dried cranberries but the fresh blueberries are my all-time favorite here.
It is hard to beat blueberries as they do not go soft and soggy as do some fresh fruits. Also, they just lend a great flavor to the crisp baby kale and creamy blue cheese with the lemon vinaigrette dressing.
This recipe would be good to keep in your Yummy recipe box.
SOME OTHER RECIPES WE ARE SURE YOU WILL LOVE:
CONNECT WITH SAVOR THE BEST!
Be sure to follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
For the lemon vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- few grindings of black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
For the Baby Kale Salad:
- 5 ounces fresh baby kale
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts
For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
- Whisk together the lemon juice, mustard honey and salt. Continue whisking while adding the olive oil in a stream, blending well.
For the Baby Kale Salad:
- Add the kale to a wide, shallow salad bowl, top the greens with the blue cheese, blueberries and walnuts. Drizzle one-third of the lemon vinaigrette over the salad and toss well. Reserve the remaining vinaigrette for a later use.
- Alternatively, divide the baby kale onto four salad plate, distribute the blue cheese, blueberries and walnuts evenly between the plate and drizzle 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette over the top of each salad.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 424mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.