These sprouted spelt rosemary cookies with chocolate chunks are an absolute must! Sprouted spelt flour gives these cookies a deep, rustic flavor, the rosemary adds a magical twist and the flaked sea salt transports this cookie to the edge of paradise.
Probably every cook’s repertoire of cookies has a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that they love and bake often. There is a wide variety of recipes, some with nuts, white chocolate and even dried fruit but the all-time classic is the Toll House chocolate chip cookie recipe.
We have taken the classic chocolate chip cookie to a new level with this chewy, flavorful cookie made with healthy sprouted spelt flour. The whole-grain sprouted spelt flour contributes to the more dense, rustic and chewiness of the cookie.
These cookies are fully-loaded with rich chocolate chunks in every bite and the fresh chopped rosemary is a delightful complimentary ingredient. We sprinkled large flakes of Maldon sea salt on top of each cookie which balances well with the sweetness of the cookie.
How to make Sprouted Spelt Chocolate Chunk Cookies:
more cookie recipes you may like:
- Ancient Grain Apple Breakfast Cookies,
- Whole Grain Einkorn Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Spelt Cookies
CONNECT WITH SAVOR THE BEST!
Be sure to follow us on our social media accounts
If you make one of our recipes, snap a photo and tag it @savorthebest on Instagram and hashtag it #savorthebest
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar (200 grams)
- 1/2 cup sugar (100 grams)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups sprouted spelt flour (300 grams)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chopped chocolate or chocolate chips (350 grams)
For the tops
- Maldon flaked sea salt
- Heat oven to 375°F and line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine butter, olive oil, brown sugar and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until light and creamy. Add the vanilla extract then add the eggs one at a time, beating the mixture well.
- Add the sprouted spelt four, chopped rosemary, salt and baking soda to the mixing bowl. Give the dry ingredients a quick stir to blend the salt and baking soda into the flour then beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture until well incorporated.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate or chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough with a tablespoon or cookie scooper and drop onto the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cookie dough with Maldon sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes until golden brown. Remove to a cooling rack and cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 cookie
Amount Per ServingCalories 140 Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat 3.5g Cholesterol 16mg Sodium 127mg Carbohydrates 18g Fiber 1.3g Sugar 12g Protein 2.3g