After trying these roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots, you may never want to eat them any other way. 😋 Sweet carrots roasted with savory Brussels sprouts in a honey and soy glaze give them a perfect, caramelized texture.
But wait- there’s extra goodness to this side that you won’t want to miss! Finish up this dish by tossing those veggies with crisp, salty bacon for alllll the best flavors– a side dish that will get as much attention as the main course!
why we love this easy roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots recipe
Oven-roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots are a healthy, easy side dish that go with pretty much any main course of your choice! I love roasted vegetables because they’re low-maintenance – hardly any prep work or clean-up, and I’m A-OKAY with that!
Ease aside, here are a few other reasons why we love this one:
- Sweet and salty, with the best flavor combination that’s enhanced by the chopped bacon
- Ready to enjoy in less than 30 minutes
- A one-pan side dish that requires minimal effort
- Hearty and healthy!
how to make roasted Brussel sprouts and carrots
Let’s make these! You’ll be oh so happy you did. 😋
It’s a quick process, and I’ll outline the key steps here, but we’ve also included all the details you’ll need in the recipe card (scroll down to the bottom of this page):
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, honey, soy sauce and minced garlic. Toss the mixture with the Brussels sprouts and carrots and spread it all out on a baking sheet.
- Roast the veggies for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned and tender (during that time, cook the bacon in a skillet until it’s crisp).
- Allow the bacon to cool on a paper towel-lined plate, then chop it into bite-sized pieces.
- Transfer the roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots to a serving bowl and toss with the chopped bacon.
the trick to perfectly-roasted Brussels sprouts!
In the past, we’ve dived deep into all the tricks to getting perfect roasted Brussels sprouts (you can take a look at our Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic and our festive Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan and Cranberries) but I’ll summarize the highlights:
- Choose small Brussels sprouts, about 1-1/2 inches in diameter, because they will be more tender and sweet than the larger ones
- For a dark caramelization, roast the Brussels sprouts on a bare sheet pan, cut side down
- Don’t crowd the sheet pan or the sprouts will steam and not roast
- Use a HOT oven – we roast these veggies at 450°F
- If you can smell the Brussels sprouts roasting, you’ll know they’re overcooked
This might just be my favorite way to eat Brussels sprouts and carrots. The carrots and bacon with the sweet/savory glaze is like a flavor party you hope will never end!
Add this one to your list of favorite side dishes, and get it on that dinner rotation, FAST!
Happy eating, friends! Enjoy.
SOME OTHER RECIPES WE ARE SURE YOU WILL LOVE:
- Our Baked Brie in Bread Bowl is one of those appetizers you will absolutely fill up on! And how could you not? Creamy baked Brie with garlic and herbs and served with sourdough dippers? You’ll be set ’til dessert.
- Love bacon? Love blue cheese? This salad’s got your name on it. Our Bacon and Blue Cheese Salad is a mix of bold flavors on a crisp, lettuce wedge. It’s impressive yet easy to prepare!
- Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream is a classic! An easy, adaptable recipe that is perfect for those bad days, special days, and all the days in between.
CONNECT WITH SAVOR THE BEST!
Be sure to follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 4 to 5 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 to 8 thick slices of bacon, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450°F
- Combine the olive oil, honey, soy sauce and minced garlic in a bowl. Toss with the Brussels sprouts and carrots. Spread on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned and tender.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the bacon. Put the bacon slices in a skillet. Cook over medium heat until the bacon is crisp and golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Transfer the Brussels and carrots to a serving bowl and toss with the bacon.
If you need to make this a gluten-free side dish, make sure to choose a gluten-free soy sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- LIFVER 1.1 Quart Porcelain Serving Bowls for Salad, Side dishes, Soup, Dessert, Set of 4, White
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce (10 oz.) - Pack of 2
- Nature Nate’s 100% Pure Raw & Unfiltered Organic Honey; 32-oz. Squeeze Bottle, Honey’s Balanced Flavor and Wholesome Benefits, Just as Nature Intended (Packaging may vary)
- Hygienic Solid Heat-Resistant Flexible Silicone Spatula, Black Non-stick Silicone Turner
- AmazonBasics Nonstick Carbon Steel Half Baking Sheet - 2-Pack
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 289mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.