These cucumber-shrimp bites are an easy, healthy, and a gluten-free option for your next party.
We will be going to a New Year’s party this evening and I am bringing these appetizers to add to the party fare. They are crunchy, cool cucumber slices with a mixture of cheese, herbs and some tang from lemon. All this is topped with a shrimp and the combination is a delightful treat to perk up your taste buds.
SOME OTHER RECIPES WE ARE SURE YOU WILL LOVE:
CONNECT WITH SAVOR THE BEST!
Be sure to follow us on our social media accounts
If you make one of our recipes, snap a photo and tag it @savorthebest on Instagram and hashtag it #savorthebest
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 24 medium, fresh or frozen shrimp, cleaned and deveined but with tails on
- 1 long English cucumber (also known as a seedless cucumber)
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2-3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Cut the lemon in half and add it and the salt to a large pot of boiling water. Add the shrimp and cook, uncovered, for only 3 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain the shrimp and refrigerate until ready to assemble the appetizers.
- Slice the cucumber into 24 rounds of 1/4” each and set aside. Combine the goat cheese and cream cheese together. Add the fresh dill, lemon and seasoning and mix well.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese mixture on each cucumber slice and place on serving plate. Put a shrimp on top of each cucumber-cheese slice and gently press the shrimp into the cheese, spreading the mixture to the edge of the cucumber slice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.