Cheesy bacon ranch potatoes is an easy side dish that goes with almost any meal! Loaded with everything you love about a classic baked potato, this is an amazing side dish that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. With three kinds of cheese, real bacon bits, onions, ranch seasoning mix and tender potatoes, this simple casserole is the ultimate comfort food!
When potatoes are the main ingredient, you know it’s going to be a great recipe the whole family will rave about!
This one features all the tasty things that take potatoes to the next level. Bake the cheesy potatoes in the oven or in the Traeger for a delicious, smoky flavor similar to our Traeger Smoked Baked Potatoes.
Why This Recipe Works
Our cheesy bacon ranch potatoes recipe makes the perfect side dish for a special gathering, holiday table, brunch, lunch or dinner. This is a great side dish that’s super versatile and quick to prep. It leaves you with easy clean up, too!
Our cheesy bacon ranch potatoes is:
- Delicious– crispy bacon, cheese and ranch seasoning are just a few ingredients that come together to create irresistibly flavorful potatoes.
- Easy to make– mix everything together and bake, it really is that simple!
- The perfect side dish for any gathering– whether it’s the holiday season or you’re in charge of Saturday brunch, this recipe is a winner.
Roasted potatoes are definitely a favorite side dish in our family. There are so many ways to enjoy them! These cheesy bacon potatoes are a nod to tender potatoes baked in the oven, but simply put, this recipe takes it to a whole new level.
We’re using three kinds of cheeses that get added to a sour cream mixture- sharp cheddar cheese, cream cheese and shredded smoked gouda.
Once hot and melted, the gooey cheeses coat the delicious potatoes beautifully. The ranch dressing mix adds a punch of flavor. You can use store-bought ranch packets or make your own!
You will need:
- potatoes (fresh or frozen)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded smoked gouda cheese
- sour cream
- cream cheese, softened
- crumbled bacon
- fresh green onions
- ranch seasoning (or 1 ranch packet)
- garlic powder
- salt and black pepper
Any type of potatoes will work for this recipe so use your favorite! Red potatoes, golden potatoes, russet potatoes- just make sure that they’re cut small so they can bake thoroughly during the cook time.
Below is a quick summary of the steps for this cheesy bacon ranch potatoes casserole! As always, be sure to view the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page for all of the details.
Cut your potatoes or, if using frozen potatoes, make sure they’re completely defrosted. Preheat the oven (or pellet grill) to 350°F and grease a 13×9 inch baking dish (or spray it with cooking spray).
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
Mix the potato mixture until all of the ingredients are well combined.
Transfer the mixture to the casserole dish and spread it out evenly.
Bake until the potatoes are tender. Sprinkle additional shredded cheese and crumbled bacon on top of the potatoes and bake for another 10 minutes.
Tips for Success
- Dice the potatoes into small, ¼-inch cubes or purchase frozen diced potatoes. You can also use shredded potatoes.
- If you use frozen potatoes, let them thaw completely and drain any liquid that accumulates after thawing. You can also pat dry the potatoes with paper towels before using. They should be dry before combining them with the other ingredients.
- Store leftover cheesy bacon ranch potatoes covered with aluminum foil or plastic wrap, in the refrigerator, or transfer them to an airtight container. They will be good for up to one week. You can easily reheat them in the microwave, the oven, or a pellet smoker like a Traeger.
What to Serve with Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
This dish is incredibly versatile! While it goes with nearly anything and works for any occasion, here are a few ideas for other delicious dishes you can serve with it.
- Traeger Smoked Ham
- Asparagus Ham and Gouda Strata
- Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin
- Homemade Shake and Bake Pork Chops
- Crustless Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
Cheesy potatoes, salty bacon, and savory ranch seasoning creates one delicious dish we know you’ll love.
⭐️ Helpful Tools
Some of the following are affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click on these links and purchase something. You don’t pay any extra, but it will help us keep the lights on.
😋 More Recipes You Will Love:
Truffle Mashed Potatoes: Rich and creamy mashed potatoes are elevated with a deep, earthy flavor of black truffles. Our truffle mashed potatoes recipe uses black truffle butter and preserved black truffles to create a culinary masterpiece that is simple yet sophisticated.
Taco Baked Potatoes: Put a fun spin on taco night with these loaded baked potatoes, piled high with your favorite taco fixings! Soft baked potatoes make the perfect vessel for taco ingredients with their familiar, comfort food flavors.
Mexican Chicken Casserole: This easy casserole features bold Mexican flavors, all packed into a simple dish! Shredded chicken, black beans, corn and a red enchilada sauce create a delicious filling, while a buttery cornbread topping gives it the perfect crust.
Connect With Savor the Best:
Please follow us on our social media accounts
Facebook * Instagram * Pinterest * Youtube * Twitter
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
Cheesy bacon ranch potatoes is an easy casserole that goes with almost any meal. Loaded with all the flavors you love in a baked potato, this potato casserole is a crowd-pleaser. It has a creamy base of sour cream and cream cheese that is combined with bacon, cheese, onions, and ranch seasoning. You can cook this dish in the oven or a Traeger for a smoky flavor.
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced (fresh or frozen*)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 3 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup crumbled bacon
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning (or 1 packet)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1-½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled bacon
- Preheat the oven or a pellet grill to 350°F and grease a 13 x 9 inch casserole.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the casserole dish and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Top with the additional shredded cheese and crumbled bacon then bake for 10 minutes.
- Dice the potatoes into small ¼ inch cubes or purchase frozen diced potatoes. You can also use shredded potatoes.
- If you use frozen potatoes, let them thaw before combining the ingredients and drain any liquid that accumulates after thawing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 589Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 889mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 18g
Nutrition information is a guideline only. It is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
Monday 20th of February 2023
Cheese and bacon...an absolutely heavenly combination of flavours!