This dessert recipe is a fun spin on the classic peanut butter cookie recipe! These peanut butter cookies are covered with a silky smooth chocolate glaze and topped with a dash of sea salt flakes, making them absolutely delicious. Definitely a must-try!
Why You’ll Love These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies:
Get ready to add a new cookie recipe to the dessert section of your family recipe book… Glazed chocolate peanut butter cookies with sea salt.
Just the name alone sounds incredibly decadent.
I know it sounds a bit weird to add salt on top of a cookie, but the flakes of salt with the sweet chocolate glaze really compliments the crisp peanut butter cookie. Adding a salted-chocolate glaze to the top gives them that extra-special punch, making them absolute gourmet cookies. They are rich, fudgy, soft, and chewy.
Seriously, one of the best chocolate cookies you will eat.
The best part? These salted chocolate-glazed peanut butter cookies are easy to put together!
Ingredients Needed For Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe:
To make this sweet treat, there are two parts to making these cookies: The chocolate glaze and the actual peanut butter cookies! Here is a list of the ingredients you’ll need for each section of the recipe.
For The Peanut Butter Cookies:
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
For The Chocolate Glaze:
- Heavy cream
- Light corn syrup
- Semi-sweet chocolate
- Hot water
- Maldon Salt flakes
Note: You’ll also need some extra sugar to roll the cookies in before pressing them flat.
How To Make Sea Salt Chocolate-Glazed Peanut Butter Cookies:
We’ve listed out the basic instructions below to give you an idea of how quick and easy it is to make these peanut butter cookies! To make it even easier for you, we broke it down by section.
Note: Make sure not to skip the full printable recipe card at the bottom of the page. There, you’ll find all of the ingredient amounts and details you’ll need.
Before you start baking anything, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prep 2 baking sheets with parchment paper!
To Make The Peanut Butter Cookie Dough:
- Beat sugar and butter: Add the butter and both sugars to a mixing bowl and beat on high speed until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients: Add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla extract and mix until it is all well combined.
- Add dry ingredients: Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt and slowly folded them into the creamy batter. Make sure it is mixed well together!
- Form cookie dough balls: Use a cookie scoop or a regular spoon to form even-sized cookie dough balls. Roll them in sugar and place them on the prepped baking sheets. Flatten each of the balls to a 1/4-inch thickness, using the bottom of a glass or measuring cup.
- Bake the peanut butter cookies: Let the cookies sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes to keep them from spreading too much. Then, place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes.
Remove the cookies from the oven and work on the chocolate glaze while they cool down!
To Make The Sea Salt Chocolate Glaze:
- Heat heavy cream: In a small saucepan, add the cream and corn syrup and bring to a simmer.
- Add chocolate: Remove the heavy cream from the heat and add the chocolate. Stir the chocolate and cream together until it is smooth. Then, stir in hot water until the glaze is shiny and silky smooth.
- Add chocolate glaze to cookies: Add a spoonful of the chocolate sauce on top of one of the cookies. Tilt and turn the cookie allowing the chocolate to flow over the top. Set the peanut butter cookies on a wire rack to cool and set.
- Sprinkle on the sea salt flakes: When all the cookies have been glazed with the chocolate, sprinkle the sea salt flakes over the top.
Recipe Tips To Make The Perfect Cookie:
- Make sure you use large finishing salt flakes such as Maldon Salt. If you use regular table salt, the cookies will taste too salty.
- Rolling the cookies in sugar will help you press the cookies flat without sticking to the bottom of a cup.
- Make sure to space out the cookies on the baking sheet, so they don’t bake into one giant cookie.
What To Serve With This Cookie Dessert:
This chocolate peanut butter cookie recipe is a family favorite! I like to make a dozen or two to have when my grandkids come to visit for a fun afternoon snack with a cold glass of milk. It’s delicious!
My kids like to eat some cookies as well with a cup of warm coffee. The bitterness of the coffee with the sweetness of the chocolate glaze and nuttiness from the peanut butter cookie works together perfectly for a yummy bite.
Frequently Asked Questions About Chocolate-Glazed Peanut Butter Cookies:
When putting together this cookie recipe, we came across a couple of frequently asked questions we wanted to answer.
Can I use dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet chocolate?
Yes, you can! The cookies won’t taste as sweet, but the bitterness of the dark chocolate works well with peanut butter.
How many cookies do I get out of this recipe?
This recipe yields about 15 cookies when I make them. It ultimately depends on how much dough you allot for each cookie.
How do I properly store the peanut butter cookies?
After the cookies have fully cooled down, store these peanut butter cookies in an airtight container so that they don’t dry out and become stale.
Some Other Recipes We Are Sure You Will Love:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Layer Cake
- Salted Chocolate Fudge Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
- Peanut Butter Frosted Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingersnap Cookies
- Crispy Double Chocolate Cookies
Connect With Savor the Best:
Please follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
For the Cookies:
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup crunchy or creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
To roll the cookies
- 1/2 cup sugar
For the Chocolate Glaze:
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Maldon Salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
For the Cookies:
- Add the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar to a mixing bowl. Beat on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add the peanut butter and mix until well combined. Add the egg and vanilla beating well to combine. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt over the mixture and stir well.
- Using a medium-size cookie scoop (2 tablespoons), form balls and roll them in sugar (coating them in sugar will make it easier to press them down). Place them on the lined baking sheet. Space them about 2-inches apart as they will spread. Flatten each of the balls to a 1/4-inch thickness, using the bottom of a glass or measuring cup. Smooth the edges to repair any cracks.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 30 minutes as this will help keep them from spreading too much.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, just until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet.
For the Salted-Chocolate Glaze:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the cream and corn syrup and bring to a simmer, stirring to combine. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate, cover and let stand for 5 minutes to soften. Stir the mixture until it is smooth, then stir in the hot water until the glaze is shiny and pourable.
- Place a tablespoon of the chocolate sauce on a cookie, tilt and turn the cookie allowing the chocolate to flow over the top. Set on a wire rack to cool and proceed with glazing the remaining cookies. When all the cookies have been glazed with the chocolate, sprinkle them with the salt flakes and allow them to cool completely at room temperature.
- Make sure you use large finishing salt flakes such as Maldon salt when you sprinkle the top. If you use regular table salt to sprinkle on top then the cookies will taste too salty.
- Rolling the cookies in sugar will help you press the cookies flat without them sticking to the bottom of a cup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.