Strawberry White Chocolate muffins! They are tender and moist with tart, fresh berries and white chocolate chunks studded throughout. Also known as the muffins of your dreams. These are sweet and fruity and have the tiniest hint of tang from sour cream, a secret ingredient that ensures the most delicious strawberry muffins ever.
Bakery Style Muffins with Chocolate Drizzle
Fresh strawberry flavor, sweet white chocolate and an extra moist muffin batter are key elements of these tasty muffins. It’s what sets them apart from other muffin recipes, like our Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins, Cranberry Muffins, and our Banana Blueberry Muffins.
While they are all quite incredible and will elevate any brunch or after-school snack situation, there’s something about white chocolate and strawberries that make this recipe extra delightful.
Moist Muffins with Fresh Strawberry
Like our Chocolate Chip Muffins with Toffee, these strawberry white chocolate muffins are borderline dessert. The white chocolate chips gives it a sweet and buttery flavor with hints of vanilla that perfectly complements the fruity strawberry pieces. And we don’t stop there!
Top these beauties with a white chocolate drizzle for an extra pretty (and tasty) finishing touch. One bite and you’ll agree- the combination makes for the perfect muffin.
Here’s why you’ll love them:
- It’s a really easy muffin recipe that guarantees incredible results.
- You can enjoy one (or two or three) of these scrumptious muffins any time of day and in any season.
- The flavors of white chocolate and sweet strawberries are a heavenly pairing.
- Fresh out of the oven, these muffins are the best way to start your morning.
Ingredients for Muffins with Strawberries and White Chocolate
Here’s a look at what you will need to make these strawberry white chocolate chip muffins! Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post to view the ingredient amounts.
- Melted butter. Butter imparts its own unbeatable flavor in the batter.
- Vegetable oil. Oil is one of those ingredients that will help make the batter tender and keeps the muffin moist for days.
- Sugar. What’s a muffin without a bit of sugar?
- Eggs. Make sure to use eggs at room temperature so everything blends well.
- Sour cream. This will add a light tanginess and extra moisture to the muffin.
- Vanilla extract. A little splash of vanilla will give it just the right flavor.
- All-purpose flour. The MVP of pantry staples!
- Baking powder and baking soda. You’ll need both ingredients to give the muffins the perfect rise.
- Salt. Just a dash in baked goods will enhance all the other flavors.
- Fresh strawberries. Sweet, tart, and juicy, the berries give the muffins a lovely strawberry flavor and pretty pops of pink.
- White chocolate chips and chopped white chocolate. You will stir the white chocolate chips into the batter. The chopped white chocolate is needed to make the white chocolate drizzle.
How to Make the Best Strawberry Muffins
For this recipe, you’ll need a standard sized muffin pan with paper muffin cups for easy muffin removal. The recipe makes about 15 muffins which means you can bake them between two muffin pans or place the muffin tray in the oven for the second, smaller batch.
Here’s a look at the process but as always, scroll to the bottom of the page to view the printable recipe card.
In a large mixing bowl, add the melted butter, oil, and sugar. Use an electric mixer or whisk to mix well. Add eggs one at a time, then mix in the sour cream and vanilla until a smooth batter forms.
Place a sifter over the large bowl and sift the dry ingredients into the muffin batter. Use a wide rubber spatula to fold the mixture until the flour mixture is moist.
Fold in the chopped strawberries and white chocolate chips. With an ice cream scooper, scoop the batter into the muffin tin prepped with muffin liners. Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F then turn the oven down and finish baking. Cool on a wire cooling rack.
Add the white chocolate to a separate bowl and microwave it to melt. Scoop the melted white chocolate in a plastic sandwich bag. Clip a small corner off the bag and drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the muffins.
If you like this recipe, try our strawberry rhubarb muffins.
Tips for Success
- Room temperature ingredients will give you the best results. To quickly take the chill off of eggs, you can place them in a bowl of warm water for about 5 minutes.
- Greek yogurt is a good substitute for sour cream. However, full-fat sour cream will give you the most tender muffins.
- For slightly less sweet muffins, reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup.
- When you add the flour to the muffin batter, fold it in gently with a wide spatula and make sure you don’t over-mix the batter. A few lumps are okay!
- Sometimes it helps to coat the berries in a little flour before adding them to the batter. When they’re coated, they suspend in the batter and won’t sink to the bottom. This batter is pretty thick so your berries shouldn’t sink.
- Store any leftover muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days.
⭐️ Helpful Tools
Some of the following are affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click on these links and purchase something. You don’t pay any extra, but it will help us keep the lights on.
More Recipes You Will Love:
Morning Glory Muffins are packed with a delicious combination of carrots, apples, raisins, dried ginger and walnuts! They’re hearty, tender and filling with a medley of flavors that will leave you full and satisfy your taste buds. You can easily take them on the go or enjoy them as a mid-day snack.
White Chocolate Cupcakes with Buttercream are the tastiest and most elegant little cakes! Each one is soft and tender and filled with a creamy ganache. The fluffy white chocolate cream cheese buttercream makes a dreamy topping on the cupcake. Bake up a batch for a special occasion or whenever you’re needing a true white chocolate cake fix.
Our Strawberry Jam Cake is fresh and fruity and the prettiest shade of pink! We blend strawberry jam into the cake batter to add an intense strawberry flavor to the cake. It’s moist and sweet and topped with a rich strawberry cream cheese frosting.
Connect With Savor the Best:
Please follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar (200 grams)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream (120 grams)
- 1-½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240 grams)
- 1-½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1-½ cups diced strawberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
White Chocolate Drizzle
- 2 ounces white chocolate, chopped (or ⅓ cup)
- Preheat the oven to 425° (you will turn the temp down after the muffins bake for 5 minutes). Place 15 cupcake liners into muffin pans.
- Add the butter, oil, and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer or whisk to to combine well.
- Add the eggs one at a time, blending each egg in and scraping the bowl down after each addition. Add the sour cream, and vanilla, and mix well.
- Place a sifter over the bowl and sift the flour , baking powder, baking soda and salt over the batter. Use a wide spatula to fold the mixture by hand just until the flour is moistened.
- Gently fold in the diced strawberries and white chocolate.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pans (I used an ice-cream scooper). Bake for 5 minutes then turn the oven down to 350°F and bake for another 12 to 15 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in the middle of the muffin and it comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place the white chocolate in a small microwavable bowl. Zap the white chocolate in the microwave in 10 to 15 second bursts, stirring between bursts. When the white chocolate is about 80% melted, let it sit and continue melting from residual heat.
- Scoop the melted white chocolate in a plastic sandwich bag and clip the corner off the bag. Drizzle the white chocolate over the top of the muffins.
- Start with room temperature ingredients for best results. If the eggs are straight out of the fridge, place them in a bowl of warm water for about 5 minutes. That will get them close to room temperature pretty quickly.
- You can swap Greek yogurt for sour cream, but they will be slightly more tender with full fat sour cream.
- For a less sweet muffin, you can reduce the sugar to 3/4 cups without adversely affecting the texture of the muffins.
- When you combine the flour with the wet ingredients, make sure you fold the ingredients gently with a wide spatula. Don't stir the batter too much. It is ok if there are a few lumps.
- Sometimes it helps to toss the strawberries in a little flour before adding them to the batter. When they are coated in flour, they suspend in the batter and don't sink to the bottom. This batter is pretty thick so the berries don’t sink easily.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information is a guideline only. It is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.