The sweet flavor of pumpkin teams up with tender chunks of pork, herbs and spices, creating an amazing, mouthwatering one-pot meal in this pumpkin and pork stew
Celebrate the flavors of Fall! This is the perfect weather for a comforting one-pot meal of hearty Pumpkin and Pork Stew. Our savory stew will warm your heart and tummy on the coldest of days.
There is no skimping on the amount of pumpkin in this stew and those pumpkin chunks absorb that killer sauce while cooking. Lean chunks of pork add the protein and so much flavor. We gave the pork cubes a good browning which increases the flavor even further.
FLAVORS IN OUR PUMPKIN AND PORK STEW:
The flavors in this savory stew include the pumpkin and pork, aromatics of onion and garlic, plus grated ginger root. Sweet red bell pepper and thin lemon slices add additional flavor, plus gorgeous color. A warm spice combination of cinnamon and cumin give off an amazing aroma as this pumpkin and pork stew simmers long and slow in the oven.
A FEW FACTS ON PUMPKINS:
- Pumpkins are low in calories
- Fun to grow
- Pumpkins grow in a variety of sizes, shapes and colors
- The big orange Jack-O-Lanterns are the most popular for Halloween.
- Pumpkins are a great source of beta-carotene
HOW TO SELECT A PUMPKIN FOR COOKING:
- Choose a pumpkin that is firm and heavy for it’s size
- The vines should be dry and turning yellowish
- A green stem indicates the pumpkin has recently been harvested
- The skin of the pumpkin should have hardened
Our pumpkin and pork stew makes a substantial one-pot meal served with a crusty loaf of bread. And it just keeps on getting more delicious with leftovers the next day!
MORE IDEAS FOR PUMPKIN:
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Healthy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes
- Einkorn Pumpkin Cake Roll
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Serving Size 1-1/2 cups
Amount Per ServingCalories 359 Total Fat 13g Saturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 110mg Sodium 627mg Carbohydrates 15g Fiber 4g Sugar 8g Protein 44g