Sometimes you just need to finish dinner and relax without thinking about the dishes. Sheet pan dinners are so easy and they make cleaning up a breeze. You will save a bunch of time if you toss everything on one sheet pan and pop it in the oven.
We have gathered over 45 of the best sheet pan dinners to make your life a little easier. From chicken, pork, and beef to salmon, shrimp and vegetarian meals, we have covered all the bases. You can keep these recipes in your rotation for several month’s worth of weeknight meals.
If you’re new to sheet pan dinners then let me explain what they are. They are a busy, over-tasked persons best bet for a simple, satisfying dinner that leaves plenty of time for all the other things you need to do. Sheet pan dinners are a fast way to cook a full dinner in one pan. It leaves you with only one sheet pan to clean when the meal is finished cooking.
Now that’s an easy dinner!
A bonus with sheet pan dinners is having all the flavors combine together while everything cooks. It creates a medley of deliciousness as the meal cooks.
Tips for the best sheet pan dinners.
- Line the sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil for even faster clean up.
- Use the right size sheet pan. If you crowd everything on a small pan then your dinner will steam instead of bake. Doubling a recipe? Use two sheet pans.
- Cut the vegetables consistently so they cook evenly.
- Give some ingredients a head start. Bone-in meats and thicker cuts take longer to cook. So do dense vegetables like carrots, potatoes, and winter squash. Let these ingredients cook for a while before adding things that cook quickly.
- Add a light layer of fat. Coat the ingredients with a fat like olive oil, coconut oil, leftover bacon grease or even butter (if melted). A light coating of fat will prevent the ingredients from drying out. It will also encourage a deeper caramelization of the food.
- If you use a silicone mat for a sheet pan dinner, don’t use the same mat for baking desserts like cookies. The silicone will absorb the savory flavors of your dinner. That will leave your cookies tasting like chipotle chicken and potatoes. 😓
Pork sheet pan dinners from pork chops to pork tenderloin. Pork goes with so many things and makes a delicious, healthy dinner. Serve your pork sheet pan dinner with a roasted beet salad.
Chicken sheet pan dinners are fast, easy and budget-friendly meals. You will find bone-in, boneless, white meat, dark meat, and even whole chicken dinners. Yes, you can do all that on a sheet pan. Serve your chicken sheet pan dinner with a tossed green salad.
Beef or Lamb
Beef and lamb sheet pan dinners make hearty and filling meals. Serve these sheet pan meals with a bacon and blue cheese wedge salad.
Seafood sheet pan dinners are so fast and easy. Most seafood cooks quickly so dinner will be ready in no time. We have salmon sheet pan dinners, as well as cod, shrimp, and prawns. Serve these seafood sheet pan dinners with a simple cucumber salad.
Sausage and Brats
Sheet pan dinners with sausage or brats is a super-fast way to get dinner done. It makes the perfect meal to cook for game night. Serve these dinners with some crusty sourdough bread.
Here are our favorite picks for vegetarian sheet pan meals. Whether you are serving someone who doesn't eat meat, or you're just making it a Meatless Monday kind of dinner, these sheet pan dinners will make your night. Serve these sheet pan dinners with a watermelon, feta, and mint salad.
SOME OTHER RECIPES WE ARE SURE YOU WILL LOVE:
- Sheet pan dinners aren’t the only one pan/easy cleanup meals to consider. Try this one-pot chicken orzo for a fast and easy dinner that won’t leave you with a bunch of pots and pans to clean.
- You will need an extra pot to boil the pasta for this Spanish chorizo and shrimp pasta but the rest of the meal can be prepared in the same skillet. It is absolutely full of flavor!
- Our roasted pork chops with honey mustard sauce starts on the stovetop then it gets finished in the oven for a golden crust. Serve it with some sprouted brown rice for a super healthy meal.
CONNECT WITH SAVOR THE BEST!
Be sure to follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make any of these sheet pan meals? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.