This was my lunch today. It has enough greens for a salad, plenty of protein and some of my favorite fruits. I’m in a hurry today, lots to do and places to go so this works out perfectly.
When I first heard of green smoothies I was not at all impressed, however, after trying a couple variations I had to re-think my position. They really are good!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup (packed) fresh arugula
- 1 cup (packed) fresh spinach
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 cup frozen green grapes
- 1/2 green apple
- 1/2 banana (frozen)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 pks. Truvia (or to taste)
- Place water and arugula into blender container and process until smooth. Add protein powder and blend, stop the blender and add grapes, apple, banana, pineapple and Truvia, process on low while increasing the speed gradually to high. Blend for 30 seconds. Add additional water if thicker than desired.
Amount Per ServingCalories 216 Cholesterol 42mg Sodium 68mg Fiber 4g Protein 13g