Our delicata squash with Parmesan almond gremolata is a simple yet elegant dish that really shines with its mix of flavors. Imagine the sweet, roasted delicata squash melding with rich browned butter, savory Parmesan, and nutty almonds.
It’s all about celebrating good, honest ingredients in a beautifully harmonious way. And the best part? It’s super approachable. This recipe is a surefire way to bring a touch of gourmet to your table, without any hassle.
Here is Why This Delicata Squash Recipe Works:
- Simplicity Meets Flavor: Minimal prep with maximum taste, showcasing the natural sweetness of delicata squash enhanced by the umami of parmesan.
- Versatile Side Dish: Pairs wonderfully with a range of main courses, elevating any meal to a special occasion.
- Nutritious and Wholesome: Loaded with essential nutrients from fresh produce and healthy fats.
- Eye-catching Presentation: The vibrant colors and elegant drizzle of browned butter make it a feast for the eyes as well as the palate.
If you like this recipe, try our caramelized delicata squash.
Ingredients for the Squash and Parmesan Almond Gremolata
- Produce: Delicata squash, parsley, lemon, garlic
- Pantry: Olive oil, almond slivers
- Dairy: Butter, parmesan cheese
- Seasonings: Salt, ground pepper
- Replace delicata squash with butternut squash for a similar texture and sweetness.
- Use pecans or walnuts instead of almond slivers for a different nutty crunch.
- Substitute parmesan with asiago cheese for a sharper flavor profile.
A Must-Try Delicata Squash Recipe
- Slice the squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Cut into 1/4 inch sections.
- Toss with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper then transfer to a baking sheet. Roast the seasoned delicata squash until tender.
Make the Brown Butter and Parmesan Almond Gremolata
- Prepare brown butter in a skillet.
- Mix the almonds, parmesan, finely chopped parsley, lemon zest, and garlic into the brown butter to make gremolata.
- Drizzle the gremolata over the roasted squash.
Delicata Recipe Variations
- Spicy Kick: Add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes to the gremolata.
- Herb Infusion: Incorporate fresh thyme, rosemary, or sage for an aromatic twist.
- Cheesy Delight: Top with crumbled goat cheese for extra creaminess.
Tips for Baking Squash
To ensure your Delicata Squash turns out perfectly, consider these tips:
- Cut the squash into uniform pieces for consistent roasting.
- Watch the butter closely to avoid burning; it should be a rich golden color.
- Use fresh parsley and lemon zest for the best flavor in your gremolata.
Storing Leftover Squash
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in the oven or microwave.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, you can roast the squash earlier and reheat it before serving.
Absolutely, the skin is tender and delicious when roasted.
Our Delicata Squash with Brown Butter, parm, and almond gremolata is a unique combination of fresh, wholesome ingredients that come together beautifully. This recipe is all about bringing love and attention to your cooking, and the result is something truly special.
More Recipes You Will Love
Connect With Savor the Best:
Please follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
- 3 pounds delicata squash (about 3 squash)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup toasted almond slivers
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Trim the ends off the delicata squashes and cut them in half lengthwise. Scrape the seeds out and slice them crosswise in ½ inch sections.
- Toss the squash rings with oil and arrange them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes flipping halfway through the cooking time. Make the brown butter and the almond parmesan gremolata while the squash cooks.
For the Brown Butter
- Cut the butter into cubes and toss it into a skillet. Melt over medium heat. Swirl the pan constantly and let the butter cook until it turns a golden brown. The butter will foam up and you will need to push the foam aside to check the color of the butter.
- Pour the browned butter into a small bowl and set it aside.
For the Parmesan Almond Gremolata
- Give the almonds a rough chop and toss them in the bowl with the brown butter. Add the parmesan, parsley, lemon zest, and minced garlic. Toss the gremolata ingredients with the browned butter.
- Arrange the roasted delicata on a serving plate and drizzle the brown butter and gremolata mixture over the top.
- Watch the butter closely, as it will go from golden brown to burnt pretty quickly. A pan with a light color will help you gauge the color easily.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 280mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is a guideline only. It is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.