zza seasoning is perfectly balanced with a savory combination of herbs and spices. It’s a great way to add extra flavor to your pizzas, and it’s simple to make! This pizza seasoning blend is not just for pizza night. It’s also incredibly versatile and adds big flavor to tomato sauce, meats and vegetables.
The perfect blend of seasonings for pizza is one of those secret ingredients that elevate your pizza-making game. When paired with a simple pizza dough recipe, these seasonings transform an ordinary pie into something extraordinary.
This is a simple seasoning for pizza that will level up your pizza game, whether you’re enjoying takeout pizza or making your own pizza pie from scratch! Part of the game includes mastering how to layer a pizza – an art in itself.
Whether you’re sprucing up a takeout pizza or creating your own pizza pie from scratch. It’s versatile enough to use on all your favorite recipes and can be adjusted to suit your personal taste preferences.
This spice mix is perfect for a classic pizza and works wonders on buttered Italian bread, and pasta sauces. And for a real treat, use it to make pizza sauce from fresh tomatoes.
Why This Pizza Seasoning Recipe Works
Homemade seasoning blends are always a great way to add quick flavor to an assortment of recipes.
Not only are they easy to make and are more budget-friendly than store-bought blends, but you also know exactly what’s in them.
They’re free of preservatives and other unwanted add-ins which also makes them a healthier alternative than a spice packet from the grocery store.
Pre-made blends take just a few minutes to make and are simple to store in a mason jar or spice bottle for later use!
Our homemade pizza seasoning checks all those boxes, and then some!
This pizza seasoning combines traditional Italian herbs with spice cabinet basics like dried onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to create a simple homemade pizza seasoning that will knock your socks off!
Here’s why you’ll love it:
- Quick to prepare. Gather the blend of herbs and seasonings and mix. Five minutes of prep is all you need to have a quick and easy homemade seasoning for pizza on hand for later use. Your future self will thank you!
- Better than store-bought pizza seasoning. Simple ingredients create the perfect seasoning with classic Italian flavors that’s healthier than what you’d find at the store. Sprinkle it onto your favorite pizzas, french fries or do yourself a favor and add to this buttery, garlicky Texas Toast for a truly next level garlic bread experience!
- Effortlessly adaptable. Change up this recipe to fit your own personal preferences and enjoy different variations!
Ingredients for Seasoning Pizzas
- Dried oregano and dried basil. The main ingredients that give this blend that classic Italian flavor!
- Onion flakes. Dried onion flakes add a savory element.
- Garlic powder. For a delicious, garlick-y flavor that every pizza needs!
- Smoked paprika. This adds a slightly sweet and smoky taste to the seasoning blend.
- Flaked sea salt or table salt. Larger flakes of sea salt or salt granules work best.
- Optional add-ins like red pepper flakes, hot honey granules and crushed fennel seeds. These tasty additions can up the flavor even more and create a slightly different spin. Use red pepper flakes or hot honey granules for a slightly spicy pizza seasoning.
How to Make a Homemade Pizza Seasoning Recipe
Whipping up this pizza seasoning recipe is quick and straightforward!
Check out the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page for the details and ingredient amounts. Essentially, there are two steps involved:
- Gather the ingredients and add them to a small bowl. Mix to combine.
- Transfer the pizza seasoning to an airtight container (like a spice jar or mason jar) and store in a cool, dry place.
Recipe Variations: Twists on Pizza Seasonings
Give your seasoning a Mediterranean makeover with this herb-packed recipe.
Add one to two teaspoons of dried thyme, rosemary, and marjoram to the mix.
Spicy Fiesta Mix
Heat up your flatbread with a spicy fiesta mix.
Add one to two teaspoons of chipotle powder, ground cumin, and black pepper.
Tips for the Best Results
- For a spicy kick, add red pepper flakes to taste. Hot honey granules are also a great addition that are easy to find on Amazon. They have a sweet and spicy flavor that tastes great with so many other recipes too!
- Feel free to taste the pizza seasoning and adjust the spices/dried herbs to your liking. If you’re sensitive to salt, you can decrease the amount of salt used and add more if needed.
Think this zesty seasoning is just for pizza? Think again. Jazz up roasted chicken, give your spaghetti some pizzazz, or make your mushroom pizza sing. And those roasted baby potatoes? They’ll go from ‘meh’ to ‘more’ with just a sprinkle.
Connect With Savor the Best:
Please follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1-½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1-½ teaspoons large flake sea salt (or ¾ teaspoons table salt)
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons hot honey granules
- ½ teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in a cool, dry area.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 16Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is a guideline only. It is calculated automatically by third-party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.