This is one of my favorite pancake recipes. The ricotta gives them a delicate, creamy texture and a special richness. You will not want to use a pancake mix again when you taste how good these pancakes are. Plus they only take a few minutes to mix up. They are light, fluffy, tender and DELICIOUS!! . They don’t taste cheesy and if I don’t tell anyone that ricotta is in them they never guess what the special ingredient is.
These pancakes are good without anything on them but today I am pairing them with some tangy pomegranate syrup. The pomegranate syrup is quite easy to make but it does take some time to reduce down. You can make it in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
CONNECT WITH SAVOR THE BEST!
Be sure to follow us on our social media accounts
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Drop us a comment below.
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup sugar
- In a small bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, eggs, milk, sugar, orange zest and vanilla until well combined and smooth.
- Fold the flour mixture into the ricotta mixture until just combined.
- Pre-heat a skillet over medium heat or heat an electric griddle to 375° and lightly oil it.
- When the griddle is hot, spread ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Cook until bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake then flip and cook the other side until brown.
- Combine the pomegranate juice and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat stirring until the sugar dissolves. Once the sugar is dissolved reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 45 to 50 minutes. The juice will reduce to about 1-¼ cups. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information is a guideline only, is calculated automatically by third party software, and absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.