If you like brownies, you will love this recipe for einkorn brownies with cocoa nibs! They have that wonderful rich chocolate flavor, enhanced with a little expresso coffee powder and a nice crunch from the cocoa nibs.
Einkorn Brownies with Cocoa Nibs:
These chocolate einkorn brownies are not just for February 14th though and after tasting one you will be making them again and again. They are easy to whip up and way too delicious for only one day per year.
This is a moist and gooey brownie treat and they have the full flavor of that love-potion, chocolate, they are decadent, and almost like eating a piece of fudge. Plus, those little cocoa nibs are just plain crunchy goodness. This is going to be a delightful dessert to top off that fabulous entrée, sake-red miso glazed sablefish with wasabi emulsion!
I have only recently been introduced to cocoa nibs and it was in a savory entrée of pork tenderloin crusted with cocoa nibs and chopped fresh rosemary. It was to die for.
What are Cocoa Nibs?
Other recipes using ancient grain einkorn flour:
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 sticks butter (12 tablespoons)
- 1-1/4 cups coconut sugar (400g)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs, whisked well
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup All-Purpose Einkorn flour (120 grams)
- 1/2 cup cocoa nibs (60 grams)
- Preheat oven to 325°F Fit a piece of parchment paper to the bottom of an 8x8x2 ovenproof baking dish, allowing several inches to over hang on two sides. This will be used to lift the finished brownies from the dish after baked and cool. Spray the dish and parchment paper with cooking oil.
- In a large saucepan set over low heat, add the chocolate and butter, stirring constantly until they are melted. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the espresso powder, sugar and salt, stir until well combined. Let cool slightly, then gradually stir in the beaten eggs and the vanilla extract. Add the flour and stir until blended. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the cocoa nibs and fold the remainder of the nibs into the batter and pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the top with the additional 2 tablespoons of cocoa nibs.
- Bake the brownies in the center of the oven for 30-32 minutes, it should still be a little jiggly in the center but will firm up as it cools. Transfer to a cooling rack. Once cool, loosen the edges with a sharp knife and lift the entire brownie out of the dish with the parchment paper. Slice the brownies into 16 squares with a sharp knife dipped in hot water and wiped clean after each slice. These freeze well.
Amount Per ServingCalories 280 Total Fat 18g Saturated Fat 10g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 70mg Sodium 123mg Carbohydrates 26g Fiber 4g Sugar 15g Protein 5g