This vibrant Fresh Mango Salsa is a little sweet from the mango and pineapple, and packs some heat from the chili peppers. It is perfect served as a dip with tortilla chips while sitting on the deck under the umbrella with a cold Margarita.
I found a great buy on a couple of large mangos. They had become a little wrinkly and the produce department had reduced the price. I don’t care if they are not quite as pretty as they once were. They were still firm and sweet but not over ripe. It was a good bargain and made a great fresh mango salsa.
This fresh mango salsa is easy to make and takes about 15 minutes to chop everything up and put it together. It is sweet from the mangos and pineapple while it has a little kick from the jalapeño and serrano chilies. We love the flavors that the garlic and cilantro add to this salsa while the freshly squeezed lime juice balances out all the flavors.
The chilies can be adjusted in quantity according to your personal taste but one jalapeño and one serrano is spicy enough for us.
Fresh mango salsa is a wonderful companion to pork and it adds a Caribbean flair to a backyard cookout of bbq ribs and it is wonderful served with fish tacos or in a green salad with grilled chicken.
I think you will love this salsa!
How To Make Fresh Mango Salsa
Fresh Mango Salsa
Yield 3 Cups
This fresh mango salsa is sweet from the mangos and pineapple but gets it's kick from the jalapeño and serrano chilies.
- 2 to 3 large fresh Champaign mangos, chopped
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks, chopped
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 fresh serrano chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño chili pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 3-4 fresh green scallions, white and green, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 fresh limes, juiced
- Cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Add all the chopped ingredients to a large bowl, sprinkle with sea salt and squeeze the lime juice over the top. Toss to combine and transfer to a serving dish.
Serving Size 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Sodium 25 mg
Total Carbohydrates 19 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.